THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 31, 2020
On enhancing precaution measurements to fight against complicated and new development of acute respiratory infections
caused by new strains of novel Coronavirus
Acute respiratory infections caused by new strain of novel Coronavirus (nCoV) is rapidly and seriously spreading causing very high damage in China. The World Health Organization has announced the Global health emergency. Vietnam is having high risk of a pandemic outbreak due to the circumstance that Vietnam has a long border line with China, with the large number of people traveling, trading; in addition, tourists, Vietnamese workers working in China and Chinese workers working in Vietnam are also crowded.
Ministries, agencies, branches and localities had implemented a lot of strongly and drastically measurements to prevent and fight against the epidemic. The Ministry of Health has established 25 quick response teams, the Ministry of National Defenses has established 20 teams and connect online 21 hospitals with the Ministry of Health to uniformly the directions and specialized cooperate so that may promptly react to any development of the epidemic; the Ministry of National Defenses has directed 04 military hospitals at Central - level to ready for supporting and taking part in preventing and fighting against the epidemic. Especially, the Government has carry out a number of drastically directions and keep the situations in control.
However, in a number of localities, the spirit and awareness on preventing and fighting against the epidemic is remain low, without specific plans, schemes, measurements to proactively react to the epidemic. In coping with severe and complicated developments of the epidemic, the Prime Minister hereby directs:
1. Ministries, agencies, branches and localities must seriously and drastically implement the directions of the Prime Minister at the Official Letter No. 121/CD-TTg dated January 23, 2020, Directive No. 05/CT-TTg dated January 28, 2020 and directions of the Communist Party Central Committee Secretariat at the Official Dispatch No. 79-CV/TW dated January 30, 2020; must treat epidemic prevention and control as "against the enemy”, to resolutely prevent the of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of novel Coronavirus event though there may be losses in economy; to protect citizen’s lives, health; to minimize lives loss; to be proactively, calm and more drastically in fighting with the epidemic and must prepare more specific strategies and plans to control this epidemic in “04 on spot” motto, not allow the epidemic to spread out.
2. The localities have border line with China shall establish contact channels with the respective local levels of China to get updates daily and take proactive measures to promptly handle according to the evolution of epidemics.
3. To suspend permission for flights from Vietnam to epidemic infected areas of China and cease all the flights from epidemic infected areas to Vietnam except for special cases which must obtain agreement from the Government. To temporarily stop granting visa for foreign tourist (including China tourist) who being or used to be in China within the last two weeks, except for duty visa in special situations. To stop people to exit and entry by laissez-passers for travel purpose, to ban people crossing Vietnam - China border through trails and open way.
4. To restrict gathering in places, especially the festivals; to suspend not yet open festivals, in special cases must obtain opinion from the Government; to decrease the scale of those festival has opened; to require people to wear facial mask public places, in spring trips and joining festivals.
5. To strongly prohibit any action of speculate, store in massive number and rising price of surgical masks, supplies and medical equipment used in preventing and fighting against the epidemic. Ministries, agencies, branches and localities shall be enhancing the control and management of this matter, to strictly handle any violate entity.
6. Ministries, agencies, branches and localities shall strictly control passenger passing by any border gates, to stop embarking and disembarking tourist, stop bringing Vietnamese workers to China for work; to strengthening the supervision of Chinese citizens and laborers living and working in Vietnam who came home for Tet holidays and now returning to Vietnam for work, to closely supervise suspicious cases in 14 days; to isolate, supervise and promptly treat suspicious cases; to sanitize suspicious places in accordance with law provisions.
7. To suspend trails, open ways; not to encourage trading and exchange with China in this period.
Click Download to see the full text