THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 11, 2020
On continuing to promote the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic in the new situation
Recently, the prevention and control of the COVID-19 of all levels, branches and localities have been actively implemented and achieved initial results, highly appreciated by the international community and the people. However, the epidemic continues to be complicated, occurring in 105 countries with 114.000 infected cases and showing no sign of stopping. Only in the last 10 days, the number of infected people has increased rapidly, accounting for 25% of the previous infected people. There are many large outbreaks with the number of infected people and deaths increase rapidly. In our country, after 22 days without newly infected cases, in the last 04 days, an additional 18 infected people was detected (bringing the total number of infections more than 02 times higher than the previous number of infections), of which 15 people entered from countries with trade and a large number of people travel to our country. Vietnam is at high risk of spreading the epidemic.
Facing the new development of such epidemic, in order to minimum the spreading, ready and actively prevent and control of the epidemic on a large scale, to best protect health and lives of the people, the Prime Minister hereby directs:
1. Ministries, branches and localities shall continue to strictly and drastically implement directions of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee in the Official Dispatch No. 79-CV/TW dated January 30, 2020, the Official Notice of the Standing Secretariat of the Party Central Committee dated March 07, 2020; the Directives No. 05/CT-TTg, 06/CT-TTg and 10/CT-TTg, the Official Notices No. 121/CD-TT and 156/CD-TTg and directive documents of the Prime Minister; best prepare and ready for all situations; continue to thoroughly grasp the spirit of "fighting against epidemics like fighting against the enemy", ready to sacrifice economic benefits to best protect the health and lives of the people.
2. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, provincial/municipal People's Committees shall, base on the functions and task, focus on directing:
a) To actively and drastically prevent, quickly detect and strictly control the source of infection (both domestically and from abroad); organize the isolation and supervision of people who contacted infected person according to the Ministry of Health's guidance; check people who enter the country in the past 14 days but are not subject to concentrated isolation, timely detect the source of infection.
b) To strictly control people who enter the country
- To strengthen control of people entering through the airport, seaport and border gates; strict control of entry across the Southwest border.
- To temporarily halt unilateral visa exemption and validity of visa exemption certificates granted to Vietnamese citizens residing overseas and foreigners being Vietnamese spouses and children in Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, England, France, Germany and Spain.
- To deploy compulsory medical declaration with all passengers enter into Vietnam according to regulations, strictly and efficiently manage declared information and early detect to isolate cases coming from or traveling to epidemic areas.
- To minimize flights from Vietnam to epidemic areas and vice versa (including foreign airlines).
- To strictly manage tourist activities, ensure safety; coordinate with relevant Ministers to inspect, detect and timely handle risks of infection from other countries via tourist routes.
- To postpone oversea duty tours; special cases must be approved by the Prime Minister; warn the people not to go aboard, especially to the epidemic areas.
c) To strictly isolate and prepare for isolating on a large scale
- To implement appropriate isolation measures at isolation establishments for all cases that enter into the country from or travel to epidemic areas; screening and applying appropriate measures to prevent and control of epidemic for each case at the concentrated isolation areas, preventing cross-contamination.
The Ministry of Health shall preside and coordinate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to promptly announce the list of countries and territories having epidemic and apply the measure of concentrated isolation for people who enter Vietnam from epidemic areas.
- To take care and protect the health, ensure living conditions, prevent infection to officials, staffs and army forces working in concentrated isolation areas.
Click download to see the full text