THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 24, 2020
On strengthening measures on prevention and control
of COVID-19 pandemic
Currently, the Covid-19 pandemic remains complicated. The pandemic broke out again during winter-spring in many parts of the world. Many countries, especially in the European region, had to re-establish the application of pandemic prevention and control measures and practice social distancing. The outbreaks in the country have been under control, and it has been 80 days since the last case was reported from community. However, the case of entry into Vietnam with positive test results for SARS CoV-2 have been continuously recorded in recent times, so the outbreak risk still remains, especially if pandemic prevention and control measures are not strictly implemented.
In the coming time, there will be many activities, important political events in the country, and the pandemic prevention and control are required to be in a strict state with the highest level of safety. In order to strengthen the strict implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures without affecting people's health and socio-economic development, the Minister of Health hereby directs:
1. Directors of Departments of Health of provinces and centrally-run cities, health units of sectors, heads of unit affiliated to the Ministry shall continue directing and organizing the strict implementation of the Prime Minister’s directions in the Official Telegram No. 1300/CD-TTg dated September 24, 2020, on the prevention and control of COVID-19 pandemic; continue providing advice for provincial and municipal party committees, People’s Councils and People’s Committees of provinces and cities to take pandemic prevention and control measures and direct the effective implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures according to directions of the National Steering Committee, the Ministry of Health and relevant ministries and sectors.
2. Heads of healthcare agencies and units shall be responsible for the pandemic prevention and control in their units and uphold the sense of responsibility, organize the strict implementation in accordance with instructions and guidance on COVID-19 prevention and control measures; request cadres, civil servants, public employees and workers in their agencies and units to strictly implement measures on prevention and control of the pandemic; organize the implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures in order to ensure safety when organizing events, crowded activities, production and business operations, etc.
3. With regard to medical examination and treatment establishments
- To continue the assessment according to the Hospital Criteria for the safety of COVID-19 pandemic and acute respiratory infection prevention attached to the Decision No. 3088/QD-BYT dated July 16, 2020 of the Ministry of Health; based on that ground, to review unsafe issues and potential risks that have been discovered, develop remedial plans and intervention solutions in order to strengthen the hospitals’ capacity to prevent and control the pandemic, and update the criteria for the safety of COVID-19 pandemic prevention for medical examination and treatment establishments according to the Ministry of Health’s instructions on the map of safe living with COVID-19 (www.antoancovid.vn).
- To maintain the strict implementation of procedures on screening, classification, and separation; to ensure the hospital infection control, prevent the cross infection in hospitals, especially in departments where patients with severe conditions are treated; continue ensuring the waste management and environmental hygiene, etc.
Click download to see the full text