THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
Decision No. 1301/QD-BTP dated June 07, 2018 of the Ministry of Justice on promulgating regulation on provision of information for citizens by the Ministry of Justice
Pursuant to the Law on Access to Information dated April 06, 2016;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 13/2018/ND-CP dated January 23, 2018 providing guidelines for implementation of the Law on Access to Information;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 96/2017/ND-CP dated August 16, 2017 defining functions, tasks, entitlements and organizational structure of the Ministry of Justice;
At the request of Director of Department of Criminal and Administrative Legislation,
Article 1. Regulation on provision of information for citizens by the Ministry of Justice is promulgated together with this Decision.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect on July 01, 2018.
Article 3. Chief of Ministry Office , Director of Department of Criminal and Administrative Legislation, Director of Department of Information Technology, heads of affiliates of the Ministry of Justice and relevant organizations shall implement this Decision./.
Le Thanh Long
PROVISION OF INFORMATION FOR CITIZENS BY THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE
(Issued with the Decision No. 1301/QD-BTP dated Jun 07, 2018 of the Minister of Justice)
Article 1. Scope of adjustment
1. This document provides for disclosure and provision of information at the request of citizens within the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice to provide information as prescribed by the Law on Access to Information.
2. Information provided by the Ministry of Justice includes the one created by the Ministry of Justice and its affiliates. Information created by public service providers affiliated to the Ministry of Justice shall be provided in accordance with relevant regulations of law.
Article 2. Rules for providing information
1. Information is provided for citizens in a timely, sufficient, accurate, transparent and convenient manner, in compliance with regulations of law and in a manner that does not violate regulations on security.
2. Close and effective cooperation between authorities and units is ensured during provision of information.
3. Funding and infrastructure for provision of information are provided in accordance with regulations of law and according to features, conditions and demands of the Ministry of Justice.
Article 3. Assigning leaders of the Ministry to provide information
1. The Minister shall take responsibility for provision of information by the Ministry of Justice. The Minister shall assign a Deputy Minister to assist the Minister to be in charge of provision of information.
2. The Deputy Minister in charge of provision of information shall direct provision of information, propose and report requirements for provision of information to the Minister.
The Deputy Minister in charge of provision of information shall consider, decide or consult the Minister when necessary about the cases specified in Clause 2 Article 6, Clause 3 Article 7, Clause 2 Article 17, Point e Clause 1 Article 18, Clause 5 Article 19, Clause 4 Article 23 of the Law on Access to Information.
Article 4. Agencies in charge of provision of information for citizens by the Ministry of Justice
1. The Ministry Office is the agency in charge of receiving information request and returning results upon request.
2. Departments of Civil Judgment Enforcement of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall provide information created themselves and information created by affiliated Sub-departments of Civil Judgment Enforcement. Directors of Departments of Civil Judgment Enforcement of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall promulgate regulation on their provision of information.
Article 5. Responsibilities of Chief of the Ministry Office
1. Assign officials to be in charge of providing information; arrange schedule for receipt of information request and return of results at the citizen reception office of the Ministry of Justice.
2. Organize and direct receipt and response to request for information; comply with rules, methods, procedures and time limit for providing information as prescribed.
3. Organize and direct provision of explanation and guidelines for citizens about their right of access to information; receive, handle or cooperate with units in handling reflections, propositions and complaints about provision of information by the Ministry as prescribed by law.
4. Decide or cooperate with units in deciding to refuse to provide information or extend time limit for providing information upon request.
5. Take charge of managing information access categories and information management software.
6. Cooperate with affiliates of the Ministry in following procedures for disclosing information by posting information on the Official Gazette and via mass media as prescribed; provide information through the reception of citizens, press conference, press release, activities of spokespersons of the Ministry of Justice.
7. Take charge and cooperate with units in charge of creating information in taking actions against disclosure and provision of inaccurate information.
8. Organize supervision, encouragement, inspection and reporting of disclosure of information and provision of information at the request of the Ministry of Justice.
Click download to see the full text