THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, June 17, 2020
On non-stop electronic toll collection
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Road Traffic dated November 13, 2008;
Pursuant to the Law on Prices dated June 20, 2012;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport,
The Prime Minister hereby promulgates the Decision on non-stop electronic toll collection.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decision provides regulations on the collection of non-stop electronic toll with road vehicles subject to road tolls nationwide.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decision applies with organizations and individuals related to the collection of road tolls.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
For the purpose of this Decision, these terms below shall be construed as follows:
1. Road vehicle means a road motor vehicle or a special-use vehicle subject to road tolls.
2. Vehicle owner means the road vehicle’s owner or a person that is authorized by the road vehicle’s owner to possess or use the road vehicle subject to road tolls.
3. E-tag means an electronic equipment affixed to a road vehicle to communicate with the non-stop toll collection system in conformity with standards for passive radio frequency identification for wireless communication and storing information related to the tests of road motor vehicles in terms of technical safety and environment protection aspect.
4. Collection of road tolls in the form of non-stop electronics (hereinafter referred to as non-stop electronic toll collection) is a form of automatic toll collection, with that form, road vehicles shall not have to stop to pay the road tolls at the toll plazas. The road toll shall be automatically calculated by the toll collection system in the form of non-stop electronics (hereinafter referred to as the non-stop electronic toll collection system).
5. Identification number means a number issued by a toll collection service provider to a road vehicle when it is affixed to a e-tag.
6. The competent State agency as prescribed in this Decision is the Ministry of Transport for road infrastructure investment projects with toll charges that are managed by the Ministry of Transport and the Vietnam Expressway Corporation’s projects or People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities for road infrastructure investment projects with toll charges that are managed by localities.
7. Provider of a road service collection (hereinafter referred to as the toll collection service provider) means an entity which is chosen by the competent State agency to invest, construct, improve, manage, operate and maintain the non-stop toll collection system so as to provide toll collection service.
8. Account for road toll collection (hereinafter referred to as the toll account) means an account of a vehicle user opened at a toll collection service provider for non-stop electronic toll payment purpose.
9. Investors mean organizations and individuals that make investment in construction projects or renovation of road infrastructure with toll charges.
Article 4. Principles of non-stop electronic toll collection
Click Download to see the full text