SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 15, 2000
READJUSTING THE MINIMUM WAGE LEVEL AND THE LEVELS OF SUBSIDY AND COST-OF-LIVING ALLOWANCE APPLICABLE TO SUBJECTS ENJOYING WAGE, ALLOWANCES, SUBSIDIES AND COST-OF-LIVING ALLOWANCE
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
At the proposals of the Minister-Director of the Government Commission for Organization and Personnel, the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and the Minister of Finance,
Article 1.- As from January 1, 2001, to readjust the minimum wage level and the levels of subsidy and cost-of-living allowance applicable to subjects enjoying wage, allowance, subsidy and cost-of-living allowance as follows:
1. To raise the minimum wage from VND180,000/month under Decree No. 175/1999/ND-CP of December 15, 1999 and Decree No. 10/2000/ND-CP of March 27, 2000 to VND 210,000/month for subjects enjoying wage, allowance(s) paid from the State budget’s funding source and laborers working in enterprises.
2. To increase the level of monthly cost-of-living allowance for commune, ward and district township officials who either are in active service or have retired as prescribed in the Government’s Decree No. 175/1999/ND-CP of December 15, 1999 correspondingly to the increased minimum wage level from VND180,000/month to VND 210,000/month;
3. To increase the levels of monthly pension and subsidy under the social insurance regime stipulated in the Government’s Decree No. 175/1999/ND-CP of December 15, 1999 and the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 234/1999/QD-TTg of December 22, 1999 correspondingly to the increased minimum wage level from VND 180,000/month to VND 210,000/month;
4. To increase the subsidy and allowance fund by 26.7% for people with meritorious services to the revolution under the Government’s Decree No. 175/1999/ND-CP of December 15, 1999.
1. The Government Commission for Organization and Personnel shall assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the concerned ministries, branches in guiding the readjustment of minimum wage and cost-of-living allowance levels as prescribed in Clauses 1 and 2 of Article 1 of this Decree.
2. The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the concerned ministries and branches in guiding the readjustment of minimum wage level for enterprises, the pension and subsidy levels for subjects enjoying the monthly subsidies under the social insurance regime and the subsidy level for people with meritorious services to the revolution as prescribed in Clauses 1, 3 and 4 of Article 1 of this Decree.
3. The Ministry of Finance shall incorporate the increased wage, allowance, subsidy and cost-of-living funds stipulated in this Decree in the State budget estimate at all levels as currently assigned and perform the final settlement of wage, allowance, subsidy and cost-of-living allowance funds from the State budget according to the provisions.
Article 3.- The Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Public Security shall, after getting the consents of the Government Commission for Organization and Personnel, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, guide the implementation of provisions of this Decree for the armed forces units under their respective management.
Article 4.- The Government Commission for Organization and Personnel shall coordinate with the ministries, branches and localities in promptly studying and formulating the Project on wage and social subsidy policy reform in the spirit of the Resolution of the 7th plenum by the Party Central Committee, 8th Congress, and submit them to the Government for consideration and decision so as to organize the implementation in 2002.
Article 5.- This Decree takes effect as from January 1, 2001.
Deductions and wage-related regime or cost-of-living allowance stipulated by the State shall be recalculated correspondingly to the readjustment of the minimum wage level and cost-of-living allowance levels prescribed in this Decree.
Article 6.- The ministers, the heads of ministerial-level agencies, the heads of agencies attached to the Government, the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decree.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Tan Dung