SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, June 06, 2003
DETAILING AND GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE STATE BUDGET LAW
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to State Budget Law No .01/2002/QH11 of December 16, 2002;
At the proposal of the Finance Minister,
Article 1.- This Decree details and guides the implementation of the State Budget Law regarding the estimation, implementation, accounting, auditing and settlement of State budget. The management and use of State budget and assets for a number of defense and security domains, and the particular financial- budgetary mechanisms for Hanoi capital and Ho Chi Minh city shall be governed by separate regulations of the Government.
Article 2.- The State budget revenue includes:
1. Taxes paid by organizations and individuals according to law provisions.
2. State budget remittance portions from charges and fees under the provisions of law.
3. Amounts collected from the State’s economic activities under the provisions of law, including:
a) Retrieved amounts of State capital at economic establishments;
b) Retrieved amounts of State loans (both principal and interest);
c) Income from the State capital contributed to economic establishments, including income from after-tax profits of economic organizations to which the State has contributed capital according to the Government’s regulations.
4. Budget remittance portions from non-business activities as provided for by law.
5. Land use levies; yields from public properties and public land.
6. Land rents, water surface rents.
7. Mobilizations from organizations and individuals as provided for by law.
8. Voluntary contributions of organizations and individuals inside and outside the country.
9. Capital mobilized for investment in the construction of infrastructural works as provided for at Clause 3, Article 8 of the State Budget Law.
10. State budget remittance portions of money earned from the sale or lease of State-owned assets as prescribed by law.
11. Non-refundable aids provided by foreign governments, organizations and/or individuals to the Vietnamese government and/or local State organizations as provided for in Article 50 of this Decree.
12. Revenues from the financial reserve funds as provided for in Article 58 of this Decree.
13. Revenues from budget remainder as provided for in Article 69 of this Decree.
14. Other revenues as prescribed by law, including:
a) Heritages enjoyed by the State;
b) Budget remittance portions of charges and fees as provided for by law;
c) State reserve recovery;
d) Price and/or surcharge differences;
e) Supplements from high-level budgets;
f) Budget sources transferred from the preceeding year;
g) Other revenues.
Article 3.- The State budget expenditure includes:
1. Development investment expenditures on:
a) Investment in the construction of socio-economic infrastructures with capital cannot be retrieved;
b) Investment in and support for enterprises, economic organizations and/or financial organizations of the State; contribution of equity capital or joint-venture capital to enterprises in domains requiring the State’s participation as provided for by law;
c) Supplements to the State reserves;
d) Development investment under national target programs, State projects;
e) Other development investment amounts as provided for by law.
2. Regular expenditures on:
a) Educational, training, medical, social, cultural and information, literary, artistic, physical training and sport, scientific and technological non-business activities, as well as other social non-business activities;
Click Download to see full text