SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 16, 2004
DETAILING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A NUMBER OF ARTICLES OF THE EDUCATION LAW ON MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION IN THE FIELD OF EDUCATION
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the December 2, 1998 Education Law;
At the proposals of the Minister of Education and Training and the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs,
Article 1.- Regulation scope and subjects
1. This Decree details the implementation of a number of articles of the Education Law on international cooperation in the field of education.
2. This Decree shall apply to activities of international cooperation in the field of education between ministries, ministerial-level agencies, agencies attached to the Government, provincial/municipal People's Committees, socio-political organizations, schools as well as educational establishments (hereinafter called Vietnamese agencies and/or organizations for short) and foreign countries, international organizations, international schools as well as educational establishments, foreigners and overseas Vietnamese (hereinafter called foreign parties for short).
3. The performance of international cooperation in the field of education must comply with the provisions of the Government's Decree No. 06/2000/ND-CP of March 6, 2000 on investment cooperation with foreign parties in the fields of medical examination and treatment, education and training and scientific research and the Government's Decree No. 18/2001/ND-CP of May 4, 2001 on the setting up and operation of Vietnam-based foreign cultural or educational establishments.
Article 2.- Principles for international cooperation in the field of education
1. International cooperation in the field of education shall be carried out on the principles of respect for law, customs and traditions of each country, and assurance of its efficiency, practicality, as well as conformity with Vietnam's education development strategy and the provisions of Article 94 of the Education Law.
2. International cooperation in the field of education must be carried out on the basis of programs and/or projects concluded in writing between Vietnamese agencies or organizations and foreign parties.
Click Download to see full text