THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 17, 2021
Approving the Program on development the pharmaceutical industry and domestically produced medicinal materials to 2030, with a vision to 2045
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government; and the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the April 6, 2016 Law on Pharmacy;
Pursuant to the June 17, 2020 Law on Investment;
Pursuant to October 25, 2017 Resolution No. 20-NQ/TW of the Sixth Plenum of the Party Central Committee, the XIIth Term, on intensifying the protection, care and improvement of people's health in the new situation;
Pursuant to the Government's Resolution No. 139/NQ-CP of December 31, 2017, promulgating the Government's Action Program to implement Resolution No. 20-NQ/TW of October 25, 2017, of the 6th Plenum of the Party Central Committee, the XIIth Term, on intensifying the protection, care and improvement of the people's health in the new situation;
At the proposal of the Minister of Health,
Article 1. To approve the Program on development of the pharmaceutical industry and domestically produced medicinal materials to 2030, with a vision to 2045 (below referred to as the Program) with the following contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWS
1. To prioritize the development of the pharmaceutical industry and domestic production of drug materials with high-level incentive and support mechanisms and policies in accordance with law.
2. To strongly attract investment resources for the development of the pharmaceutical industry, to attach importance to attracting foreign investment in the production of still patented brand-name drugs, specialty drugs, and generic drugs with high-tech dosage forms, vaccines, reference biological products and similar biological products.
The State shall give priority to investment in scientific research into and production of new drugs and high-quality drugs from medicinal materials, and development of production of national-branded drugs from medicinal materials.
3. To bring into play the advantages of domestic medicinal materials, especially endemic and precious ones of high economic value.
1. General objective: To build the domestic pharmaceutical industry to a high level of development, reaching level 4 according to the classification scale of the World Health Organization (WHO), with a market value ranking among the top 3 ASEAN countries, contributing to ensuring adequate and timely supply of quality, safe, effective and affordable drugs.
To develop domestic medicinal materials and products therefrom into high-quality and high-value commodities competitive in the domestic and international markets.
2. Specific goals
a/ By 2025:
- Domestically produced drugs will account for 75% of the used quantity and 60% of the market value, the rate of using medicinal materials of domestic origin and drugs from domestic medicinal materials will increase at least 10% over 2020.
- To build 8 regions for sustainable exploitation of natural medicinal materials. To build 2 - 5 large-scale medicinal plant growing areas, each exploiting area or growing area having 1 - 2 chains of research, growing, processing and production of medicinal materials in compliance with the World Health Organization’s principles and standards of good agricultural and collection practices for medicinal plants (GACP-WHO).
Click download to see the full text