THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 28, 2020
On the prevention and control of acute respiratory infections caused by new strains of novel Coronavirus
Acute respiratory infections caused by new strain of novel Coronavirus (nCoV) is becoming more and more complicated in China. Until now this disease has been spreading to 30/31 provinces and cities of China and spreading to 18 countries and territories. This is the new, dangerous and fast-infectious disease without specific vaccine or medicine. The World Health Organization has declared its warning level on China to very high level and high level in region and global. In Vietnam, there were 02 Chinese people who initially identified nCoV infection. Our country has a long border, high traffic and trade with China, so the risk of this disease spreading and possibly breaking out is very high.
In order to proactively prevent from this disease, the Prime Minister directs:
Ministries, branches and localities must not be subjective and not let epidemics spread, and must treat epidemic prevention and control as "against the enemy". All levels, branches, organizations and individuals must seriously implement the Law on the Exit, Entry of Vietnamese Citizens, the Law on Medical Examination and Treatment and the Law on prevention and control of infectious diseases and ban on importing wild animals into Vietnam. The entire political system must be mobilized to prevent and control epidemics in order to protect the health and life of the people, minimize the deaths caused by this epidemic.
1. The Ministry of Health shall be responsible:
- To continue to direct, guide localities and units to strictly supervise, early detect cases of infection and isolate, monitor cases contacting with people suspected of having nCoV; direct provinces where have border gates, roads, waterway and international airports to strictly monitor passengers entry into Vietnam, especially those coming from the epidemic areas; manage infected cases, control and prevent from infection at health facilities, not to occur cases of patients and health staffs infected with this disease.
- The Ministry of Health has started provincial-level epidemic prevention and control facilities; central hospitals; Hospital of Police and Military; field hospitals of military to proactively respond, ready to receive patients when required and continue to complete the plan to be ready to respond when needed. To direct the strictly implementation of antiseptic and disinfection at border gates (airway, road and waterway).
- To regularly update information on the development of the epidemic as well as warnings about preventive measures.
- To have plan to respond to each epidemic case before January 30, 2020; to ensure medicines, equipment for the prevention and control of epidemic, ready to respond with each epidemic case; to provide instructions and treatment therapy in order to minimize death rates.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Labor, War Invalid and Social and healthcare facilities in localities to organize, isolate and manage labors and workers who are confirmed infected with the virus or suspected of having the virus.
2. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall be responsible:
- To strictly monitor the development of nCoV disease and direct travel agencies to stop tours to provinces and cities having epidemic and infected patients or from infected areas to Viet Nam.
- To strictly manage and supervise schedule and health status and provide travel restrictions for Chinese tourists who are in Viet Nam.
- To direct units to coordinate with healthcare facilities in localities to organize, isolate and manage tourists when detecting infected cases and suspected cases.
3. The Ministry of Public Security shall be responsible:
- To coordinate with the healthcare sector to conduct strict control right at border gates.
- To ensure security for the compulsory health isolation of infected cases and suspected cases; share information on such passengers with health sector.
- To organize to verify and give strict punishments to those who try to disseminate inaccurate information on the epidemic in public.
Click Download to see the full text