THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 25, 2020
On promoting the prevention and control of Covid-19 epidemic
In the past time, the activities of prevention and control of Covid-19 epidemic have been interested and directed by all levels, sectors and localities with drastic, timely, proactive and synchronous solutions, achieving important and comprehensive initial results, highly appreciated by the international community and people. There are only 16 infected people in our whole country and all of them had been treated and recovered. For the past 12 days, there is no new infected case. The activities of medical supervision, isolation of people coming from epidemic areas are strictly implemented. Two of the three provinces declared to be affected by the disease outbreak (comprise: Thanh Hoa and Khanh Hoa) had fully met the requirements to declare an end of the epidemic. However, in many countries around the world, the Covid-19 epidemic has continued to show many new complicated and unpredictable developments, especially in the past few days in Korea, Japan, Italy, Iran and some countries.
To continue efficiently performing measures to prevent and control the COVID-19 epidemic, the Prime Minister hereby directs:
1. Ministries, branches and People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall continue to thoroughly grasp the spirit of "fighting against the epidemic like fighting against the enemy"; upholding vigilance; not being negligent, subjective and strictly implementing measures on the prevention and control of epidemic in accordance with the Directive No. 05/CT-TTg dated January 28, 2020 and the Directive No. 06/CT-TTg dated January 31, 2020 of the Prime Minister; continue to strictly control people crossing trails and openings in border provinces; strictly implement measures on the management, control and prevention of epidemic in the activities of aviation, tourism and cross-border transportation of goods as directed by the Prime Minister.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall continue to discuss with China about the fact that Vietnamese citizens from epidemic cities and provinces of China could only enter Vietnam through international border gates.
2. For the immigration of people from epidemic areas of Korea and epidemic areas of other territories and countries:
a) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall:
- To immediately report to Korea and countries, territories where having Covid-19 epidemic about Viet Nam’s measures to prevent spread of the COVID-19 epidemic. The measures include temporary suspension of entry into Viet Nam of people coming from or traveling to the epidemic-affected areas. For those who entry into Viet Nam for special official duties shall have to carry out health declaration and be centralized isolated for 14 days in accordance with the current regulations.
- To inform Vietnamese citizens to not travel to affected areas in other countries, except in case of necessary or they shall be centralized isolated for 14 days according to laws when entering into Vietnam.
- To propagate and mobilize Vietnamese people living and working in Korea (especially in Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk) to follow the instructions on the measures to prevent and control the Covid-19 epidemic in the host country, not to travel to areas affected by epidemic and capable of being affected by epidemic as recommended by the host country’s authorities.
Click download to see the full text