THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 10, 2020
Approving the task of formulating the national master plan on infrastructure facilities for petroleum and gas reserve and supply for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 24, 2017 Planning Law;
Pursuant to the June 15, 2018 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of Eleven Laws Concerning Planning;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 37/2019/ND-CP of May 7, 2019, detailing a number of articles of the Planning Law;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 995/QD-TTg of August 9, 2018, assigning ministries to organize the formulation of national sectoral master plans for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade at Report No. 145/TTr-BCT of November 15, 2019, enclosed with the Council for Appraisal of Planning Tasks’ appraisal report in Document No. 145/BC-BCT of November 15, 2019,
Article 1. To approve the task of formulating the national master plan on infrastructure facilities for petroleum and gas reserve and supply for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050 with the following principal contents:
1. Title, subjects and scope of the master plan.
a/ Title of the master plan: The national master plan on infrastructure facilities for petroleum and gas reserve and supply for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050.
b/ The planning period: The master plan is formulated for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050.
c/ Subjects and scope of the master plan:
- The system of infrastructure facilities and depots for storing crude oil, petroleum and gas serving production, and commercial and national reserve all over the country (excluding depots storing materials and products of oil refineries, gas processing plants and power plants under a single general investment project);
- The system of petroleum and gas pipelines from sources of supply to places of consumption all over the country (excluding gas pipelines from offshore drilling rigs to land, and pipelines for supplying gas to oil refineries, gas processing plants and power plants under a single general investment project).
2. Planning viewpoints, objectives, and principles
a/ Planning viewpoints:
- To ensure the integrity, consistency and systematic incorporation and connection among subjects of the master plan;
- To serve and ensure sustainable and rational development in the terms of economic, social, environmental, cultural, and defense and security issues;
- To ensure the harmony of interest of the country, localities, enterprises and people, in which the national interest must be regarded as top priority;
- To ensure resiliency and reserve capacity against, and intensify resistance to and prevention of, territorial disasters. To ensure requirements for planning and development in the entire national territorial space toward sustainable development in combination with environmental protection, prevention and control of natural disasters and response to climate change;
- To properly and effectively distribute, exploit and use natural resources and preserve cultural and historical relics, and cultural and natural heritages;
- To ensure consistency among infrastructure construction, land distribution, environmental protection and eco-system services in spatial distribution and development during the master plan formulation;
Click download to see the full text