THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 06, 2020
On mechanism for encouragement of development of solar power in Vietnam
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Electricity dated December 3, 2004; the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Electricity dated November 20, 2012;
Pursuant to the Law on Investment dated November 26, 2014; the Law Amending and Supplementing the Law on Investment dated November 22, 2016;
Pursuant to the Law on Construction dated June 18, 2014;
Pursuant to the Government's Resolution No. 115/NQ-CP dated August 31, 2018, on implementation of a number of special policies on provision of assistance for Ninh Thuan province in socio-economic development, settlement of business and people’s life during 2018 – 2023;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade;
The Prime Minister promulgates the Decision on mechanism for encouragement of solar power development in Vietnam.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This decision provides for mechanism on solar power development in Vietnam.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decision applies to organizations and individuals involved in development of solar power in Vietnam and other relevant organizations and individuals.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Decision, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Electricity buyer means Vietnam Electricity Corporation or member units authorized by Vietnam Electricity Corporation or other organizations or individuals that buy electricity from the electricity sellers or organizations that take on the rights and obligations of the above-mentioned organizations in accordance with law.
2. Electricity seller means organizations or individuals involved in activities in the field of electricity generation from solar power plants or systems or organizations and individuals that take on the rights and obligations of the above-mentioned organizations and individuals in accordance with law.
3. Electricity distributors and retailers not belonging to Vietnam Electricity Corporation means electricity units that do not belong to Vietnam Electricity Corporation and are licensed to conduct electricity activities in the domain of electricity distribution and retail, or wholesale power purchase from electricity distributors to retail electricity to customers.
4. Solar power means electric power produced by using photovoltaic panels to convert solar energy into electricity.
5. Rooftop solar power system means a solar power system that has photovoltaic panels with a capacity not exceeding 1 MW mounted on the rooftop of buildings and connected directly or indirectly to the power grid with a voltage of 35 kV or less of the buyer.
6. Grid-connected solar power project means a solar power project that is directly connected to the national power grid, except for the projects specified in Clause 5 of this Article.
7. Floating solar power project means a grid-connected solar power project that has photovoltaic panels installed on floating platforms on the water surface.
8. Ground solar power project means a grid-connected solar power project, except for the projects specified in Clause 7 of this Article.
9. Commercial operation date of a project or part of a grid-connected solar power project means the date on which all or a part of a solar power project is ready to sell electricity to the electricity buyer and satisfies the following conditions:
a) Completing initial tests of all or a part of the construction work as prescribed;
b) Having been granted an electricity activity license by the competent agency in the domain of electricity generation;
c) The electricity seller and buyer shall close the electricity meters to start making payment.
GRID-CONNECTED SOLAR POWER
Article 4. Responsibility for buying electricity from grid-connected solar power projects
Click Download to see the full text