THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 5, 2020
Amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 24/2014/QD-TTg of March 24, 2014, on support mechanisms for development of biomass power projects in Vietnam
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the December 3, 2004 Electricity Law,; and the November 20, 2012 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Electricity Law;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2014 Investment Law; and the November 22, 2016 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Investment Law;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2014 Construction Law;
Pursuant to the November 24, 2017 Planning Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade;
The Prime Minister promulgates the Decision amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 24/2014/QD-TTg of March 24, 2014, on support mechanisms for development of biomass power projects in Vietnam.
Article 1. To amend and supplement a number of articles of the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 24/2014/QD-TTg of March 24, 2014, on support mechanisms for development of biomass power projects in Vietnam
1. To amend Clauses 1 and 2, Article 1 as follows:
“1. This Decision provides the mechanisms to promote the development of on-grid power generation projects using biomass energy in Vietnam, below referred to as biomass power projects.
2. This Decision applies to organizations and individuals engaged in electricity activities related to the development of biomass power projects.”
2. To amend Clauses 1 and 2, Article 2 as follows:
“1. Electricity buyer means the Vietnam Electricity Group or one of its authorized member units or an organization that takes over the former’s rights and obligations in accordance with law.
2. Electricity seller means an organization or individual engaged in power generation activities from biomass power projects or an organization or individual that takes over the former’s rights and obligations in accordance with law.”
3. To annul Clauses 8, 10, and 11, Article 2; and Articles 3, 4 and 5.
4. To amend Article 6 as follows:
“Article 6. Investment in construction of biomass power projects
1. The development of biomass power projects must comply with relevant master plans. The appraisal and approval for additional incorporation of biomass power projects in relevant master plans must comply with the current planning law. Biomass power projects incorporated in approved electricity development master plans at all levels must comply with transitional provisions in Article 59 of the 2017 Planning Law and the National Assembly Standing Committee’s Resolution No. 751/2019/UBTVQH14 of August 16, 2019, explaining a number of articles of the 2017 Planning Law.
2. Main equipment of biomass power projects must satisfy technical regulations under current law. Electricity quality of biomass power projects must meet technical requirements on voltage and frequency, and requirements on operation of the national power system under current regulations.
3. Investment in construction of biomass power projects must comply with the laws on investment, construction, electrical safety, land, fire prevention and fighting, and environmental protection, and other relevant laws.”
5. To amend Article 7 as follows:
Article 7. Connection of biomass power projects to the power system
1. An electricity seller shall invest in, install, operate and maintain electricity metering devices, transmission lines and booster transformer stations (if any) from its power plant to the points of connection with the power grid of the electricity buyer; and organize inspection, calibration and testing of electricity metering devices in accordance with the law on measurement.
2. The electricity seller and electricity buyer shall reach agreement on points of connection, ensuring the output transmission of the power plant of the electricity seller and conformity with the approved master plan. In case the connection point is different from the point of installation of electricity metering devices, the electricity seller shall bear electricity loss on connection lines and booster transformers of the plant.”
6. To annul Articles 8, 9 and 10.
Click Download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 283-284 (17/3/2020)