THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 08, 2021
Prescribing the expenses for medical quarantine, medical examination and treatment and some specific regulations in COVID-19 pandemic prevention and control
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases dated November 21, 2007;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No 138/2016/ND-CP dated October 01, 2016 on promulgating the working regulation of the Government;
At the proposal of the Minister of Health and opinions from members of the Government,
Article 1. Regarding expenses for medical quarantine and medical examination and treatment during the quarantine period
1. Foreigners and overseas Vietnamese who enter Vietnam and are not subjected to concentrated quarantine according to the pandemic prevention and control requirements
a) Must comply with medical agency’s SARS-CoV-2 testing indications and bear the testing costs at the current rates for medical services.
The above regulation shall not be applicable to members of high-ranking diplomatic delegations, investors, business managers, experts and guests invited by Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and Chairpersons of provincial-level People’s Committees. The testing indications for the above-mentioned persons shall be agreed by the Ministry of Health and the invited agencies. The Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and Chairpersons of provincial-level People's Committees shall decide whether an individual is exempted from SARS-CoV-2 testing costs or not.
b) Agencies and organizations that invite persons on entry shall have to notify the local Department of Health about the list of the entrants and addresses of their accommodations for organization of medical surveillance and COVID-19 diagnosis as prescribed.
2. Foreigners and overseas Vietnamese who enter Vietnam and are subjected to concentrated quarantine according to the pandemic prevention and control requirements
a) Must have a valid international health insurance certificate guaranteeing medical examination and treatment in Vietnam consistent with the period of stay in Vietnam.
Must isolate themselves at hotels or resorts (not isolate in military barracks, military schools or other concentrated quarantine establishments as decided by the competent agencies).
c) Must bear expenses for:
- Transport from ports of entry (in Vietnam) to quarantine establishments;
- SARS-CoV-2 testing and diagnosis at the current rates for medical services;
- Expenses for meals, accommodations and daily needs (including expenses for disinfection and sterilization; expenses for security assurance and other expenses) as announced by the hotels, resorts or owners of means of transport.
3. Vietnamese people who go abroad for working, studying, tourism, medical examination and treatment and visiting their relatives must be quarantined at concentrated establishments when they return to Vietnam according to the pandemic prevention and control requirements
a) If they choose to isolate themselves at hotels and resorts, they have to pay expenses specified at Point c, Clause 2, Article 1 of this Resolution.
b) If they are subjected to concentrated quarantine at military barracks, military schools or other concentrated establishments as decided by the competent State agencies according to provincial-level People's Committees’ decisions, they have to pay the following expenses for the quarantine establishments:
Click download to see the full text