Resolution No. 110/NQ-CP dated August 25, 2018 of the Government on a number of key solutions to mechanism and policy problems in construction investment activities
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the Minister of Construction,
Construction investment activities have been a very important contribution to socio-economic development; it affects directly on businesses and people. Construction investment activities lie under the adjustment of many legal regulations with many different groups of procedures under the responsibility of many ministries, branches and localities. In the past time, the legal system of construction investment has been perfected; the management of construction investment has many positive changes; the effect of investment, construction, and quality of construction works has been improved. However, a number of investment procedures for construction was still complicated and took long time to operate; provision in some legal documents was still inconsistent and overlapping. There also was a loose and unpunctual coordination between branches and levels in organizing the implementation of the law on construction investment.
To remove difficulties and problems related to mechanisms and policies on construction investment; improve the business investment environment; create favorable conditions for people and enterprises, and raise the efficiency and effectiveness of state management of construction investment, the Government requests the Ministers, the Heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the Presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and central-affiliated cities, the Heads of the agencies and organizations to raise the leader responsibility and direct the implementation of following solutions:
I. COMPLETE A SYNCHRONOUS LEGAL SYSTEMS, REFORM ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES, SIMPLIFY CONDITIONS FOR BUSINESS INVESTMENT, AND RESOLVE CHALLENGES AND DIFFICULTIES IN CONSTRUCTION INVESTMENT ACTIVITIES
1. Ministries and central agencies shall:
- Revise and propose amendments, supplements as well as promulgate laws, decrees, and circulars within assigned scope to ensure the synchronicity among laws, between decrees and laws, circular and decrees in: project preparation and implementation, finish the construction and put project’s works into operation and use, ensure efficiency of state management, resolve difficulties in construction investment activities, especially in administration procedures and criteria of business investment.
Offer the schedule and content and amendments of laws, decrees prescribed by Law on Promulgation of law and register the annual legislative program.
- The Ministry of Justice shall collect offers of ministries and branches to report to the Government of annual legislative program. On the assessment progress of policies, draft of legal documents on construction investment must focus on constitutionality, legality and unification of the content.
2. Immediate tasks:
a) The Ministry of Construction shall:
- Study and promulgate the Law on amending and supplementing: Law on Construction, Housing, Real Estate Business and Urban Planning in order to ensure the unity of the legal system, simplify administrative procedures and business investment criteria and create favorable conditions for people and enterprises, and submit it to the National Assembly at the 7 session.
- Promptly formulate the Decree on amend and supplement on Decree No. 32/2015/ND-CP on management of construction investment expenses, Decree No. 37/2015/ND-CP detailing on construction contracts then submitted to the Government in November 2018.
- Synchronously and promptly implement the Scheme on renewal of the system of standards and technical regulations on construction and the Scheme on renewal of the approved norm system and construction price as a basis for management of construction investment, avoid losses and waste.
b) The Ministry of Planning and Invesrtment shall:
- Take charge and cooperate with related ministries and branches to complete the bill of Law on Public Investment with orientations of simplify administrative procedures; enhance decentralization and take initiative in making, appraising and assigning medium and long-term public investment plans; ensure to remove difficulties, obstacles and inadequacies in the implementation of Law on Public Investment, and submit to the National Assembly at the 6th session.
Click download to see the full text