THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 13, 2021
Approving the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Commercial Law dated May 14, 2005;
Pursuant to the Law on Foreign Trade Management dated June 12, 2017;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 98/2017/ND-CP dated August 18, 2017, on defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry and Trade;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 76/NQ-CP dated September 03, 2016, on the Government’s regular meeting in August 2016;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 69/NQ-CP dated September 13, 2019, on the Government’s regular meeting in August 2019;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 01, 2020, on key tasks and solutions to implement the Plan on socio-economic development and the state budget estimates in 2020;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade,
Article 1. To approve the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) with key contents as follows:
I. VIEWPOINTS ON DOMESTIC TRADE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH 2030, WITH A VISION TOWARDS 2045
1. To develop domestic trade to become a solid bridge between production and consumption, which plays an important role in orienting and leading domestic production to develop according to market signals, promoting capacity and endogenous strength of the domestic market.
2. The development of domestic trade must be in compliance with objective rules of the market economy and international integration commitments. The State plays a role in orienting, developing and improving institutions with a modernized-orientation, creating favorable, stable, transparent, healthy and fair competition environment for domestic trade development, ensuring the self-control and freedom in trading of involved entities.
3. The development of domestic trade must be fast and in-depth, coupled with investment efficiency, associated with the scale and level of development of domestic production and consumption, in line with the socio-economic development strategy in each period and the process of integration with the international economy of our country. To focus on improving reputation regarding products and developing Vietnamese brands; constantly promote the internal strength of the domestic market, consider it as the basis for active, proactive and effective integration with the regional and international markets.
4. To develop domestic trade associated with the diversified development of ownership regimes, types of organizations and modes of operation of entities of all economic sectors. To pay attention to develop small- and medium-sized enterprises, create favorable conditions for business households, cooperatives and cooperative groups of farmers to participate in the market; encourage and promote the development of key forces being corporations and large-sized distributing enterprises with a modern distribution system which play a role of leading the market for production and consumption orientation.
5. To develop domestic trade on the basis of strongly attracting social forces, especially private sector of the economy. To encourage the mobilization of all forces of enterprises of all economic types to invest, expand their business networks; harmoniously and synchronously develop and gradually modernize technical facilities in effectively serving domestic trade activities.
6. To determine that the domestic market will act as the main driving force to promote the country’s socio-economic development, strengthen the effective exploitation of the domestic market with over 100 million people; the development of rural, mountainous, remote and island markets should be considered as a key task throughout the strategic period; to make the most of the advantages of the openness of domestic trade, limit the negative effects before political and economic risks in the world, reduce dependence on external factors.
7. To develop domestic trade on the basis of effectively promoting potentials, advantages and creativity, making effective use of achievements of the Fourth Industrial Revolution; encourage the development of commercial forms based on new technology and digitization platforms; consider e-commerce as an important tool to modernize domestic trade in the new period.
8. To promote the development of domestic trade, at the same time, strengthen state management, effectively protect the domestic market, create motivation for domestic enterprises to participate in stabilizing market prices; build a modern civilized commerce associated with protecting the interests of enterprises, the rights, interests and health of consumers, the task of protecting the ecological environment and sustainable development, responding to climate change and ensuring national defense and security.
Click download to see the full text