SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 25, 2010
PRESCRIBING THE COMMON MINIMUM WAGE LEVEL
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 23, 1994 Labor Code; the April 2, 2002 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Labor Code; the November 29, 2006 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Labor Code; and the April 2, 2007 Law Amending and Supplementing Article 73 of the Labor Code;
Pursuant to the XIth National Assembly's Resolution No. 56/2006/NQ-QH11 of June 29, 2006, on the five-year socio-economic development plan in the 2006-2010 period;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, the Minister of Home Affairs and the Minister of Finance,
Article 1. To prescribe the common minimum wage level of VND 730,000/month, to be applied from May 1, 2010.
Article 2. The common minimum wage level set in this Decree applies to:
1. State agencies, armed forces, political organizations and socio-political organizations;
2. Non-business units of the State; non-business units of political organizations and socio-political organizations; and non-public non-business units established and operating under law;
3. Companies which are established organized and managed and operate under the State Enterprise Law;
4. One-member limited liability companies with 100% state-owned charter capital which are organized and managed and operate under the Enterprise Law.
Article 3. The common minimum wage level set in this Decree is used as a basis for:
1. Calculating wage levels in the system of wage scales, wage tables and wage allowance levels and implementing a number of other regimes under law at agencies, units and organizations specified in Article 2 of this Decree.
2. Calculating allowances from May 1,2010, onward for laid-off laborers under the Government's Decree No. 110/2007/ND-CP of June 26, 2007, on policies applicable to laborers laid-off in the reorganization of state companies.
3. Calculating deductions and entitlements calculated based on the common minimum wage level.
Click Download to see full text