SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 06, 2006
DETAILING AND GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE HOUSING LAW
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Housing Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Construction
Article 1.- Governing scope
This Decree details and guides the implementation of a number of contents on housing development, management of the use of houses, house ownership, house-related transactions and state management of houses, provided for in the Housing Law of November 29, 2005.
Article 2.- Subjects of application
This Decree applies to the following subjects:
1. Domestic organizations and individuals; overseas Vietnamese; foreign organizations and individuals that invest in housing development in Vietnam.
2. Organizations and individuals owning houses, using houses and participating in house-related transactions in Vietnam.
3. Housing state management agencies of all levels.
4. Organizations and individuals not specified in Clauses 1, 2 and 3 of this Article but involved in housing activities.
Article 3.- Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms below shall be constructed as follows:
1. Legally established houses means those constructed, purchased, rent-purchased by, donated to, inherited, exchanged or owned in other forms by organizations or individuals under the provisions of law.
2. Commercial houses means those invested and constructed by organizations or individuals of all economic sectors for sale or lease under the market mechanism.
3. Social houses means those invested and constructed by the State, organizations or individuals of all economic sectors for lease to, or rent-purchase by, subjects defined in Articles 53 and 54 of the Housing Law, under the State-prescribed mechanisms.
4. Official-duty houses means those invested and constructed by the State for a number of subjects defined in Article 60 of the Housing Law to rent while they are in office under the State-prescribed mechanisms.
5. Rent-purchase of social houses means that lessees of social houses shall, after a set period of time, be recognized as owners thereof.
Section 1. HOUSING DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
Article 4.- Types of housing development projects
1. Projects on development of commercial houses.
2. Projects on development of social houses.
3. Projects on development of official-duty houses.
Click Download to see full text