THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 6, 2007
APPROVING THE NATIONAL TARGET EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM UP TO 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 23, 1994 Labor Code and the April 2, 2002 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Labor Code;
Pursuant to the National Assemblys Resolution No. 56/2006/QH11 of June 29, 2006, on the 2006-2010 five-year socio-economic development plan;
Pursuant to the Governments Resolution No. 13/2005/NQ-CP of November 2, 2005, on the October 2005 regular meeting;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs,
Article 1. To approve the national target employment program up to 2010 with the following principal contents:
I. THE PROGRAMS OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives:
To contribute to achieving general objectives of the economy by ensuring jobs for around 49.5 million people, creating new jobs for 8 million people during 5 years from 2006 to 2010 (of which 2-2.2 million people will directly benefit from this Program), and reducing the unemployment rate in urban areas to below 5% by 2010.
2. Specific objectives up to 2010:
a/ To create jobs for 2-2.2 million people through the national target employment program during five years from 2006 to 2010, specifically:
- To create jobs in the country for 1.7-1.8 million people under projects on provision of loans for job creation from the National Employment Fund;
- To create jobs overseas for 400,000-500,000 people through labor exporting enterprises and the Overseas Employment Support Fund.
b/ To strengthen the capacity of, and modernize, 30-40 job placement centers and to perfect the labor market information system; to increase the number of people who receive job-related advice and job placements to 4 million during the five years; to establish and operate a labor market website by 2008;
c/ To provide professional training for 75,000 central and local labor-employment cadres.
II. DURATION AND SCOPE OF IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAM
1. Implementation duration: up to 2010.
2. Scope of implementation: nationwide.
III. THE PROGRAMS CONTENTS
The program covers the following major 3 projects and 2 activities:
1. A project on provision of loans for job creation:
a/ Objective: To create jobs for 1.7-1.8 million people through the provision of loans from the National Employment Fund.
- To provide loans with preferential interest rates to unemployed and underemployed people, production and business households, small- and medium-sized enterprises, farms and craft villages which can create many new jobs, especially for unemployed young people;
- Annually, the National Employment Fund for 64 provinces and centrally run cities, the Ministry of Defense and socio-political organizations will receive additional allocations from the central budget fund.
2. A project in support of guest workers:
a/ Objective: To send 400,000-500,000 laborers to work abroad for given terms.
- Supporting the tapping and opening of labor-receiving markets;
- Supporting the offsetting of loan interest-rate differences for policy beneficiaries who borrow capital for going to work abroad;
- Supporting vocational training, orientation training and improvement of the quality of laborers.
Click Download to see full text