Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP dated February 17, 2017 of the Government on functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry 0f Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
Pursuant to the Law on Government organization dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to Government's Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP dated September 1, 2016 on functions, tasks, powers, and organizational structure of Ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
At the request of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs;
The Government promulgates a Decree on functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs is an authority of the Government performing the roles of regulatory agencies in the fields of: labor, wages; employment; vocational education; social insurance; occupational safety and hygiene; meritorious people; social protection; children, gender equality; prevention and combating of social issues (hereinafter referred to as the fields of labor, meritorious people and social affairs) nationwide; and performing the roles of regulatory agencies in public administration services in the sectors and fields under its scope of management.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall perform tasks and exercise powers specified in the Government's Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of September 1, 2016, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of Ministries and Ministerial-level agencies, and the following specific tasks and powers:
1. Submit to the Government bills, draft resolutions of the National Assembly, draft ordinances and draft resolutions of the National Assembly Standing Committee, and draft decrees of the Government in accordance with its annual program on law formulation that has been approved, and resolutions, projects and schemes as assigned by the Government or the Prime Minister.
2. Submit to the Prime Minister long-term, five-year and annual development strategies, master plans and plans as well as national important projects and works in the sectors and fields under its scope of management.
3. Submit to the Prime Minister the draft decisions, directives, national objective programs, national programs, national action programs and other documents in the sectors and fields under its state management scope or as assigned by the Government and/or the Prime Minister.
4. Promulgate circulars and other documents on the state management in the sectors and fields under its management.
5. Direct and provide guidelines for legislative documents, strategies, master plans, plans, national target programs, national programs, national action programs, national important projects and works that have been approved; inform, propagate, raise awareness of laws in the fields under its scope of management.
6. Labor and wages:
a) Provide guidelines for laws on labor contracts, labor discipline, material liability, dialogues at the workplace, collective bargaining, collective bargaining agreement, settlement of labor disputes and strikes;
b) Provide guidelines for laws on minimum salaries, labor productivity standard, pay scale, salary scale, allowances, or payment of wages in any enterprise, agency, organization, cooperatives, household and individual that has employed labor in accordance with the Labor Code;
c) Provide guidelines for labor law in respect of female employees, minor employees, elderly employees, disabled employees, employees being domestic workers and other employees;
d) Provide guidelines for registration and management of operation of employee representatives as prescribed by labor law; discharge the duties of national-level contact point in terms of labor sector in the course that Vietnam entering into international trade agreements;
dd) Provide guidelines for wages, bonuses, and remuneration paid to employees and managers working in state-owned enterprises, state-invested enterprises.
a) Provide guidelines for regulations of law on employment; recruitment and management of Vietnamese employees and foreign employees working in Vietnam;
Click download to see the full text