THE MINISTRY OF LABOR, WAR INVALIDS AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS
Circular No. 03/2017/TT-BLDTBXH dated March 01, 2017 dated the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs prescribing the procedures for design, evaluation and issuance of the training programs; writing, selection and evaluation of the training materials for intermediate- and college-level vocational education
Pursuant to the Law on Vocational Education dated November 27, 2014;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 14/2017/ND-CP dated February 17, 2017 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No.143/2016/ND-CP dated October 14, 2016 providing for eligibility requirements for investment and operation in the vocational education industry;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1982/QD-TTg dated October 18, 2016 on approval of the National Qualifications Framework of Vietnam;
Upon the request of the Director of the Directorate of Vocational Training,
The Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs hereby issues the Circular that validates the procedures for design, evaluation and issuance of the training programs; writing, selection and evaluation of the training materials for intermediate- and college-level vocational education.
This Circular sets out regulations on the procedures for design, evaluation and issuance of the program; writing, selection, evaluation, approval and use of the training materials for intermediate- and college-level vocational education.
This Circular shall apply to vocational colleges, vocational secondary schools and other vocational education institutions licensed to provide college- and intermediate-level education programs (hereinafter referred to as School).
1. The industry or occupation constituting a training program must be named in uniformity with the Classification of tier-IV college- and intermediate-level training industries and occupations brought into effect by the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
2. The training program must provide the curriculum that conforms to regulatory requirements concerning the minimum knowledge volume and competency that students may attain upon completion of their respective training industries or occupation at the college- and intermediate-level training level.
3. The training program must define the framework and time length of specific subjects and modules relative to relevant training approaches, theory, practice or internship training time length.
4. Contents and time length of compulsory general subjects shall be subject to regulations of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
5. The training program must be logical, well-organized, practical, flexible and adaptable to any change in the engineering or technological sector and labor market.
6. The training program must assure that training time length is distributed and subjects or modules are arranged in a proper manner to accomplish predetermined vocational education objectives.
7. The training program must set out statutory requirements concerning the minimum number of educational facilities, equipment and teaching staff guaranteeing that the training quality standards are assured.
8. The training program must specify the method for assessment of learning outcomes, determination of the degree of a student’s fulfillment of competency requirements upon completion of his/her subject or module in that training program.
9. The training program must provide training contents that match sectoral, local and national development demands and are in line with current technologies used in production and service provision activities.
10. The training program must ensure modernity, international integration and intend to keep abreast of all latest training tendencies in the region and the globe.
11. The training program must ensure transition between training levels in the national education system.
The structure of the training program for specific training industry or occupation shall be designed as follows:
1. Name of the training industry or occupation;
2. Code of the training industry or occupation;
3. Training level;
4. Admission requirements;
5. Training duration;
6. Training objectives;
7. Course time length;
8. Volume of knowledge acquired during the entire course;
9. List and training duration of subjects and modules;
10. Detailed framework of subjects or modules;
11. Instruction manual for the training program.
Click download to see the full text