THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 24, 2020
Providing the list of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials 
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 23, 2014 Law on Environmental Protection;
At the proposal of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment,
The Prime Minister promulgates the Decision providing the list of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials.
Article 1. To provide together with the Decision the list of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials (not translated).
Article 2. To provide schedules for a number of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials through December 31, 2021:
1. Recovered paper or paperboard (wastes and scraps); Other, including also unsorted wastes and scraps (HS code 4707.90.00);
2. Granulated slag (slag sand) from the refining of iron or steel (blast-furnace slag includes: small-grain slag, sand slag from cast iron, iron and steel refining industries) (HS code 2618.00.00).
Article 3. Transitional provision
Scraps permitted for import from overseas according to certificates of satisfaction of conditions for environmental protection in import of scraps for use as production materials granted by a competent authority in accordance with law may continue to be imported until the validity period of such certificates expires.
Article 4. Implementation provisions
1. This Decision takes effect on November 15, 2020, and replaces the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 73/2014/QD-TTg of December 19, 2014, providing the list of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials.
2. Any problems arising in the course of implementation of this Decision should be reported to the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment for summarizing and reporting them to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision. The Minister of Natural Resources and Environment shall take full responsibility before the Prime Minister for the contents of this Decision and the list of scraps permitted for import from overseas for use as production materials enclosed herewith.
3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, chairpersons of provincial-level People’s Committees, and related organizations and individuals shall implement this Decision.-
For the Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
TRINH DINH DUN
 Công Báo Nos 659-660 (1/7/2020)