THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 14, 2020
Approving the task of formulating the master plan on railway network for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 24, 2017 Planning Law;
Pursuant to the November 20, 2016 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of Thirty Seven Laws Related to the Planning Law;
Pursuant to the June 16, 2017 Railway Law;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 37/2019/ND-CP of May 7, 2019, detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Planning Law;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 995/QD-TTg of August 9, 2018, assigning ministries to formulate national master plans of sectors for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport in Report No. 11337/TTr-BGTVT of November 27, 2019, and Appraisal Report of the Council for Appraisal of the Task of Planning the Railway Network for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050, in Document No. 11338/BC-BGTVT of November 27, 2019,
Article 1. To approve the task of formulating the master plan on railway network for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050, with the following principal contents:
1. Title, period, subjects and scope of the master plan
a/ Title of the master plan: Master plan on railway network for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050.
b/ Planning period: Master plan is formulated for the 2021-2030 period, with a vision toward 2050.
c/ Subjects and scope of the master plan:
The master plan on railway network is a national master plan of a sector, which covers the national railway system, high-speed railways, connections at hubs with urban railways and special-use railways.
The study scope of the master plan is the entire national boundaries under Vietnam's sovereignty, taking into account international connectivity.
2. Planning viewpoints, objectives and principles
a/ Planning viewpoints
- The master plan must concretize the Party's strategy, be in line with the national socio-economic development strategy and national overall master plan, help ensure the highest efficiency of the entire transport system, maximize advantages of railway transport, and at the same time incorporate multidisciplinary integration elements in accordance with the Planning Law.
- The master plan must meet demands for transport of goods and passengers with good quality and reasonable prices, ensuring national defense and security and limiting environmental pollution.
- The master plan must be of continuous and scientific nature, apply modern technologies in the planning process, satisfy standards and technical regulations, and conform to requirements of the country's development and international integration.
- Contents of the master plan must be uniform and linked to other master plans and reflected in planning reports and a system of planning diagrams, maps and databases.
- The master plan aims to pave the way for the railway network to develop in Vietnam and ensure flexibility and openness to attract diverse resources for railway infrastructure investment.
b/ Planning objectives
- To study plans on development of the national railway network until 2050, putting forth appropriate investment schedules to meet transport demands, ensure sectoral connectivity and contribute to maintaining national defense and security and limiting environmental pollution.
- To strengthen the integration capacity of the economy on the basis of building a modern railway network with higher marketability, focusing on developing transport routes in close association with urban and rural economic areas.
- To propose major solutions with regard to railway network development mechanisms and policies.
- To serve as an effective and efficient tool of the State in the operation and development of the railway transport, and at the same time as the basis for formulation of five-year and annual transport development plans.
Click download to see the full text