THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 17, 2021
Approving the National Strategy on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control through 2030, with a vision
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government; and the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the June 19, 2013 Law on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2006 Law on Dikes;
Pursuant to the June 19, 2017 Law on Hydraulic Work;
Pursuant to the November 23, 2015 Law on Hydro-meteorology;
Pursuant to the November 24, 2017 Planning Law;
Pursuant to the June 21, 2012 Law on Water Resources;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1. To approve the National Strategy on Natural Disaster Prevention and Control through 2030, with a vision toward 2050, with the following principal contents:
1. Natural disaster prevention and control constitute an important mission of the whole political system, a responsibility as well as an obligation of the entire people and society, in which the State plays the leading role, organizations and individuals take the initiative, and communities support and help one another. To implement the motto of “four on-the-spot” (on-the-spot command, on-the-spot forces, on-the-spot vehicles and supplies, and on-the-spot logistics), uphold the proactive role at the grassroots level and responsibilities of heads of agencies and organizations.
2. Natural disaster prevention and control consist of three stages: prevention, response and recovery, in which proactive prevention is the main task.
3. Natural disaster prevention and control shall be directed at managing and preventing risks according to basins, inter-regions and inter-sectors. The content of natural disaster prevention and control shall be incorporated into national and local socio-economic development strategies, master plans and plans, and sectoral development strategies, master plans and plans, which must fully take into account the impacts of natural disasters and limit the increase in natural disaster risks.
4. Natural disaster prevention and control shall be implemented through joint efforts by the State and people, efficiently utilizing the State’s resources and tapping all resources and responsibilities of communities, organizations, enterprises and individuals at home and abroad.
5. Natural disaster prevention and control activities shall be carried out with the application of advanced technologies, while inheriting and upholding traditional experiences and bringing into full play international cooperation.
II. GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. Ensuring proactivity in prevention; promptness and effectiveness in response; expeditious recovery, sustainable restoration and better rebuilding.
2. Synchronously implementing various measures, harmoniously combining construction and non-construction solutions; attaching importance to natural disaster risk management, climate change adaptation and environmental protection. Promoting the application of advanced science and technology in combination with traditional experiences.
3. Investing in natural disaster prevention and control constitutes a factor important to ensuring sustainable socio-economic development. The State shall prioritize allocation of resources for natural disaster prevention and control activities nationwide; local administrations shall proactively arrange resources for natural disaster prevention and control activities in their localities while agencies, organizations, enterprises, households and citizens are responsible and self-conscious to take appropriate measures to prevent and control natural disasters and reduce natural disaster risks for themselves under the guidance of competent state agencies. The State shall create favorable conditions for and encourage organizations, enterprises and people to participate in natural disaster prevention and control activities.
Click download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 485-486 (30/03/2021)