THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Resolution No. 74/2018/QH14 dated November 20, 2018 of the National Assembly on the 14th National Assembly, 6th Meeting
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Pursuant to the Constitution of Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
Pursuant to the Law No. 57/2014/QH13 on organization of the National Assembly
Pursuant to conclusions of the meeting sessions from October 22 to November 20, 2018;
At the request of Standing Committee of the National Assembly and opinions of delegates of the National Assembly;
The 14th has completed the agenda of the 6th meeting, which reflects the effort and resolve of the National Assembly, the President, the Government and authorities concerned in preparation and organization of the meeting, ensuring democracy, transparency of operation of the National Assembly and supervision by the people. The National Assembly has considered and decided the following:
1. Election of the President and ratification of the Resolution on Election of the President.
Ratification of dismissal and designation of the Minister of Information and Communications; ratification of 02 Resolutions on these persons.
2. Ratification of 09 new laws: Anti-corruption Law; the Law on Public Security Forces; the Law on Pardon; the Law on Amendments to the Law on Higher Education; the Law on Husbandry; the Law on Crop Production; the Law on Vietnam Coastguard; the Law on State Secret Protection; the Law on Amendments to 37 laws relevant to planning.
The Government has the responsibility to prepare and submit the Ordinance on amendments to ordinances relevant to planning; issue the list of master plans integrated with national, regional and provincial master plans according to Clause 4 Article 59 of the Law on Planning No. 21/2017/QH14. In the cases where a master plan ends before the superior master plan into which it is integrated is issued or ratified, the Government, pursuant to relevant laws, shall consider extending the duration of the former until the latter is issued or ratified.
Ratification of the Resolution on Ratification of the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and relevant documents. The Government has the responsibility to propose amendments to legislative documents to fulfill the roles of CPTTT in Vietnamese socio-economic development, Vietnam’s commitment to deeper and wider international integration.
3. Comments on 06 Bills: Law on Education (amended); Law on Architecture; Law on Tax Administration (amended); Law on Amendments to the Law on Public Investment; Law on Enforcement of Criminal Sentence Execution (amended); Law on Alcohol Harm Prevention.
Suspension of development of and removal of the Bill for promulgation of the Law on Public Administration from the 2019’s Law/Ordinance Formulation Program; ratification of the Bill for amendment of the Law on Education during 7th meeting (May 2019); extension and renaming of the Bill for amendments of the Law on Criminal Sentence Execution (amended).
4. Confidence vote and ratification of the Resolution certifying the result of the confidence vote for 48 holders of positions elected or approved by the National Assembly.
5. Question time regarding implementation of the National Assembly’s Resolutions on thematic supervision and questioning from the beginning of the tenure until the end of the 4th meeting. The National Assembly’s request that members of the Government and heads of ministries to listen to comments of delegates of the National Assembly, promptly implement harmonious and effective measures to eliminate the weaknesses in implementation of the Resolutions on thematic supervision and questioning from the beginning of the tenure until the end of the 4th meeting and submit a report to the National Assembly during the next meeting.
6. Examination of reports on implementation of the National Assembly’s Resolutions on: socio-economic development plans, 2018’s state budget, 2019’s socio-economic development and state budget plans; mid-term evaluation of implementation of the public investment plan 2016-2020. Ratification of 04 Resolutions on: 2019’s socio-economic development plan, 2019’s state budget estimate, 2019’s allocation of central government budget, revisions to the 2016 – 2020 public investment plan.
Click download to see the full text