THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Resolution No. 30/2016/QH14 dated November 22, 2016 of the National Assembly on pilot issuance of electronic visas to foreigners to Vietnam
Pursuant to the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
Pursuant to the Law No.57/2014/QH13 on National Assembly Organization;
Pursuant to the Law No.80/2015/QH13 on introduction of legislative documents;
Pursuant to the Law No.47/2014/QH13on entry, exit, transit and residence in Vietnam by foreigners;
Pursuant to the Law No.51/2005/QH11 on Electronic transaction;
Pursuant to the Law No. 67/2006/QH11 on Information technology;
In consideration of the Government’s Statement No.500/TTr-CP dated October 25, 2016, Verification report No.104/BC-UBQPAN14 dated November 07, 2016 by the National Assembly’s Committee of National Defense and Security and congress persons’ opinions,
To entrust the Government with the pilot issuance of electronic visas to foreigners entered to Vietnam.
1. Electronic visa is a type of visa granted to a foreigner wishing to enter Vietnam by the Department of Immigration.
2. The electronic visa is issued via an electronic transaction system and shall be valid only once for no longer than 30 days.
1. Electronic visas shall be granted to citizens of countries that meet the following eligibility requirements:
a) A foreign country has the diplomatic relation with Vietnam;
b) It is suitable for the socio-economic development and foreign affair policies of Vietnam in certain period of time;
c) It does not prejudice to Vietnam’s national defense and security and social order.
2. The Government shall release the list of countries whose citizens are granted electronic visas; list of checkpoints for the entry and exit of foreigners having electronic visas.
1. A foreigner who has a passport and is not in any case stipulated in Article 21 of the law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
2. If a foreigner granted an electronic visa, after entering Vietnam, applies for a new visa, the Department of Immigration shall follow the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
Visa fees shall be paid via a bank account by applicants. The visa fees shall not be refunded in case the application is rejected.
1. The Government shall establish the procedure and process of issue of electronic visas.
2. The Government shall take charge of issuing and safely and strictly controlling electronic visas.
1. The pilot issuance of electronic visas shall be carried on for 02 years from February 01, 2017. The Government shall report on implementation of this Resolution to the National Assembly at the meeting by the end of 2018.
2. A foreigner applying for a visa other than the electronic visa shall comply with the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam and relevant international agreements to which Vietnam is a signatory.
This Resolution is ratified by the 14th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in meeting session 2 on November 22, 2016.
The Chairwoman of the National Assembly
Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan