SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 1, 2009
AMENDING AND SUPPLEMENTING A NUMBER OF ARTICLES OF THE GOVERNMENT'S DECREE No. 58/2001/ND-CP OF AUGUST 24, 2001, ON MANAGEMENT AND USE OF SEALS
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Law on People's Police;
At the proposal of the Minister of Public Security,
Article 1. To amend and supplement a number of articles of the Government's Decree No. 58/ 2001/ND-CP of August 24, 2001, on management and use of seals, as follows:
1. To amend Article 3 as follows:
To annul Clause 9 of Article 3.
2. To amend Clauses 1 and 2, Article 6 as follows:
"1. Each agency, organization or holder of a state title may use only one seal. When it is necessary to use another seal with the content identical to the first one. the second seal must bear a specific mark to be distinguished from the first one.
Agencies and organizations permitted to grant diplomas, certificates, cards, people's identity cards or visas stuck with photos may additionally have embossed or smaller seals to serve their professional operations, but must be permitted by the authorities which have decided on their establishment. Such seals must have contents identical to the first ones.
2. A new seal must have its specimen registered at a police office and may be used only after obtaining the seal specimen registration certificate. An agency or organization which loses its seal specimen registration certificate shall request the certificate issuer to re-grant it. Seal specimen registration is liable to fee under the Ministry of Finance's regulations. Modification of the content of a registered seal is prohibited. When using a new seal, an agency or organization must publicly introduce the seal specimen."
3. To amend and supplement Article 7 as follows:
1. An agency or organization will have its seal withdrawn when:
a/ It is split, merged, consolidated or dissolved or it completes its task or its ownership is transformed under a decision;
b/ Its business registration certificate is revoked under the decision of a competent agency or it commits violations under law.
The agency which issues the decision to revoke a business registration certificate shall coordinate with a competent police office in withdrawing the seal and its specimen registration certificate: