THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, October 19, 2021
Approving the master plan on railway network development in the 2021-2030 period with a vision to 2050
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the Law on Planning dated November 24, 2017;
Pursuant to the Law dated November 20, 2018 amending and supplementing a number of articles of 37 laws related to planning;
Pursuant to the Law on Railway Transport dated June 16, 2017;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 751/2019/UBTVQH14 dated August 16, 2019 of the National Assembly’s Standing Committee explaining a number of articles of the Law on Planning;
Pursuant to Decree No. 37/2019/ND-CP dated May 7, 2019 of the Government detailing a number of articles of the Law on Planning;
Pursuant to Decision No. 82/QD-TTg dated January 14, 2020 of the Prime Minister assigning the task of formulating the master plan on railway network development in the 2021-2030 period, with a vision to 2050;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport in Statement No. 6810/TTr-BGTVT dated July 13, 2021, Statement No. 10618/TTr-BGTVT dated October 10, 2021 and Appraisal Report No. 69/BC-HDTDQH dated July 13, 2021 of the Appraisal Council for the master plan on railway network development in the 2021-2030 period, with a vision to 2050,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on railway network development in the 2021-2030 period, with a vision to 2050, which covers the following principal contents:
I. PERSPECTIVES AND OBJECTIVES
- The railway is a specific domain playing an important role in the transport infrastructure system, which is identified as one of three strategic breakthroughs to be prioritized for investment in service of socio-economic growth associated with national defense, security protection, adaptation to climate change, and sustainable development.
- To develop the railway infrastructure on the main transport corridors with great transport demand in a focused, selective, and breakthrough manner; to bring into play the advantages of transporting large volumes of goods and passengers on medium or long distances. To pay attention to exploiting the maximum capacity of the existing railway network and investing in some synchronous and modern rail routes connecting gateway seaports and major economic centers.
- To gradually diversify investment sources for infrastructure development, industrial development, and railway transport; to concentrate State resources on investing in railway infrastructure; to access and mobilize local resources as well as further attract various economic sectors to invest in railway infrastructure, equipment, vehicles, and railway business.
- To develop a foundation for the railway industry to develop in a modern and synchronous manner with other industries; to gradually gain the independence in maintenance and production of some raw materials and equipment for the railway sector; to encourage and support domestic enterprises to proactively participate in joint ventures and technology transfer to develop the railway industry. To ensure synchronous development between the railway infrastructure and the railway industry, between the scientific and technological capacity and the domestic human resources.
- To apply modern scientific and technological advances, especially achievements of the fourth industrial revolution, in the construction, management and exploitation of railway infrastructure in order to limit environmental pollution and save energy; to efficient use the natural resources.
Click download to see the full text