THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
Decision No. 1198/QD-BGTVT dated April 24, 2017 of the Ministry of Transport on approval for adjustments to Hanoi Urban Railway Construction Project (Line 1) - phase I
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 12/2017/ND-CP dated February 10, 2017 defining functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Transport;
Pursuant to the Law on Construction No. 50/2014/QH13 dated June 18, 2014 of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Law on Railway No. 35/2005/QH11 dated June 14, 2005 of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Law on Urban Planning No. 30/2009/QH12 dated September 17, 2009 of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Law on the Capital No. 25/2012/QH13 dated November 21, 2012 of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Law on Public Investment No. 49/2014/QH13 dated June 18, 2014 of the National Assembly;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 59/2015/ND-CP dated June 18, 2015 on Construction Project Management; Government’s Decree No. 112/2009/ND-CP dated December 14, 2009, Government’s Decree No. 32/2015/ND-CP dated March 25, 2015 on Construction Cost Management and relevant guiding documents;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 16/2016/ND-CP dated March 16, 2016 on management and use of official development assistance and concessional loans granted by foreign sponsors and relevant guiding documents;
Pursuant to the Circular No. 18/2016/TT-BXD dated June 30, 2016 of the Minister of Construction detailing and guiding some contents on project appraisal and approval and design and estimate of work construction;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 3304/QD-BGTVT dated October 31, 2008 of the Minister of Transport on approval for the construction project “Hanoi City Urban Railway Construction (Line 1), Phase I”;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 3412/QD-BGTVT dated December 28, 2012 of the Minister of Transport on approval for the construction project, subproject “Hanoi City Urban Railway Construction (Line 1), Phase IIA”;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 1028/QD-BTNMT dated July 10, 2012 of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment on approval for the report on environmental impact assessment of the project "Hanoi Urban Railway Construction (Line 1), phase I - Ngoc Hoi Complex”;
Pursuant to the Loan Agreement No. VN12-P4 dated March 22, 2013 between Vietnamese Government and Japanese Government;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 1259/QD-TTg dated July 26, 2011 of the Prime Minister on the approval for the general planning for construction of Hanoi capital through 2030 and a vision toward 2050;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 1399/QD-BGTVT dated June 18, 2012 of the Minister of Transport on approval for the detailed planning for railway centers of Hanoi City;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 4841/QD-UBND dated September 17, 2013 of the President of People’s Committee of Hanoi city on approval for the detailed plan for Ngoc Hoi Complex at 1/500 scale; Pursuant to the Document No. 103/TTg-KTN dated November 23, 2015 of the Prime Minister on the plan for execution of Yen Vien - Ngoc Hoi urban railway project;
Pursuant to the Document No.49/TTg-CN dated January 17, 2017 of the Prime Minister on Yen Vien - Ngoc Hoi urban railway project;
Pursuant to the Decisions No. 2520/QD-BGTVT dated November 03, 2011; No. 1923/QD-BGTVT dated August 15, 2012; No. 919/QD-BGTVT dated April 09, 2013; No. 930/QD-BGTVT dated April 10, 2013 and No. 3250/QD-BGTVT dated December 17, 2012 of the Ministry of Transport on approval for the List of standards applied to the project;
In consideration of the Assessment Report No. 2509/TEDIS-XNSB dated November 18, 2016 of the Transport Engineering Design Joint Stock Incorporated South;
At the request of the Railway Project Management Board in the Documents No. 1394/TTr-BQLDADS-DA3 dated June 10, 2016 and No. 415/TTr-BQLDADS-DA3 dated March 15, 2017 on approval for adjustments to the construction project: Hanoi urban railway construction (Line 1) - Phase I; the Explanatory Document No. 2299/BQLDADS-DA3 dated October 05, 2016 and Report on supervision of investment No. 416/BCGSDT-BQLDADS-DA3 dated March 16, 2017 of the Railway Project Management Board.
At the request of the Director General of Department of Planning - Investment in the Assessment Report No. 355/KHDT dated March 27, 2017,
1. Name of project: Hanoi City Urban Railway Construction Project (Line 1) - Phase I.
2. Group of project: Group A project; Type and class of construction work: Traffic work and infrastructure. Class I construction work.
The Ministry of Transport.
Address: 80 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City. Telephone: (04) 3942.4015 Fax: (04) 3942.3291/3942.2386
Representative of the investor: Railway Project Management Board.
4. Project planning organization: Transport Investment & Construction Consultant Joint Stock Company (TRICC.JSC) and Vietnam Investment Consulting and Construction Designing (CDC) - TRICC-CDC Partnership.
5. Presiding person: Engineer Vo Thanh Hien.
6. Project planning assessment organization: Transport Engineering Design Joint Stock Incorporated South (TEDI - South).
7. Reasons for adjustments:
- Change in the policy for capital construction.
- Change in the planning.
- Change in investment policy during the phases of the project.
- Changes made to the basic design in conformity with the approved basic design for Phase IIA.
- Changes made due to construction cost escalation during the execution of the project.
- Change in the progress of the project.
8. Objectives of the project:
Complete the construction of Ngoc Hoi complex to make it become a southern hub of the national railway according to the master plan approved by the Prime Minister, thereby contributing to:
- improving urban traffic in Hanoi city and increasing the efficiency of national railway by renovating the radial route serving operation of Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh city passenger trains, international trains, tourist trains and urban trains.
- gradually putting mass rapid tramways transit system into operation.
- providing a regular, punctual, safe and fast public transport system in urban areas.
- reducing traffic congestion and accidents in urban areas.
- saving energy and protecting environment.
9. Contents and scope of the construction project and main technical standards
9.1. Contents of the construction project
Construct Ngoc Hoi complex with an area of around 151.8 hectares in order to ensure the essential functions of Hanoi and Giap Bat Railway Stations. Some work items during Phase IIA (approved by the Ministry of Transport in the Decision No. 3412/QD-BGTVT dated December 28, 2012) shall be adjusted in order for them to be constructed simultaneously with the work items of Ngoc Hoi complex approved during Phase I. Accordingly, after the adjustment, the complex includes the following main items: (1) Urban train factory; (2) Locomotive factory; (3) Freight car factory; (4) Freight station; (5) Urban railway infrastructure maintenance factory; (6) Main power station; (7) Passenger car factory; (8) National and urban passenger stations; and infrastructure system includes: road system and overpass inside and outside the complex; information and signaling system; power supply and electrification systems; water supply and drainage systems; fire fighting and prevention system, lighting system for connection and operation of the complex.
Click download to see the full text