THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 22, 2021
Approving the Scheme on development of the fruit and vegetable processing industry in the 2021-2030 period
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government; and the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2014 Law on Investment;
Pursuant to the November 19, 2018 Law on Crop Production;
Pursuant to the June 29, 2006 Law on Standards and Technical Regulations;
Pursuant to the November 21, 2007 Law on Product and Goods Quality;
Pursuant to the June 17, 2010 Law on Food Safety;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 124/NQ-CP of September 3, 2020, promulgating the Government’s program of action for implementation of the Political Bureau’s Resolution No. 23-NQ/TW of March 22, 2018, on orientations for formulating national industrial development policies up to 2030, with a vision toward 2045;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 53/NQ-CP of July 17, 2019, on solutions to encourage enterprises to invest in agriculture in an efficient, safe and sustainable manner;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1. To approve the Scheme on development of the fruit and vegetable processing industry in the 2021-2030 period (below referred to as the Scheme) with the following major contents:
I. VIEWPOINTS AND OBJECTIVES
- To develop the fruit and vegetable processing industry into a large commodity production sector which is highly competitive in the international market in conformity with the Party’s and State’s orientations on development of the agro-forestry-fishery product processing industry.
- To develop the fruit and vegetable processing industry in a sustainable manner based on market demands and raw material supply capacity; to concentrate efforts on making the best use of production advantages each region or locality.
- To improve quality and efficiency, ensuring food safety and international competitiveness on the basis of boosting investment in developing modern fruit and vegetable processing and preservation enterprises.
- To mobilize social resources for development of the fruit and vegetable processing industry in conformity with particularities of each locality through setting forth orientations and solutions and formulating mechanisms and policies to remove bottlenecks and create a favorable open environment for enterprises to intensify their development investment.
a/ General objectives
By 2030, the fruit and vegetable processing industry will be developed in an efficient, safe and sustainable manner, meeting production requirements and demands of the consumption market, reaching an advanced technological level in centralized fruit and vegetable production areas with high output, ensuring the industry’s satisfaction of food quality and safety requirements and products’ high added value and competitiveness, thus contributing to bringing Vietnam’s fruit and vegetable export turnover to top 5 countries in the world.
b/ Specific targets by 2030
- Fruit and vegetable export turnover will reach USD 8-10 billion, of which processed fruit and vegetable products will account for at least 30%.
- Post-harvest losses of fruits and vegetables will be annually reduced by over 1% on average.
- Over 70% of establishments that process and preserve fruits and vegetables for export will attain advanced production technology level and capacity.
- Fruit and vegetable processing output will reach 2 million tons of products/year, nearly doubling that of 2020.
- To attract investment in building 50-60 new large- and medium-sized fruit and vegetable processing facilities; to build and develop a number of modern fruit and vegetable processing groups and enterprises that are of regional or international stature and internationally competitive.
Click download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 501-502 (04/4/2021)