THE MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 8, 2017
Prescribing the use of non-baked building materials in construction works
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 81/2017/ND-CP of July 17, 2017, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Construction;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 24a/2016/ND-CP of April 5, 2016, on the management of building materials;
At the proposal of the Director of the Building Material Department;
The Minister of Construction issues the Circular prescribing the use of non-baked building materials in construction works.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Circular prescribes the use of non-baked building materials to build walls, partitions and building blocks of civil and industrial construction works. Non-baked building materials include:
1. Concrete bricks;
2. Light materials: bricks or panels made from autoclaved aerated concrete, non-autoclaved aerated concrete or foam concrete with a cubic weight of under 1,000kg/m3;
3. Plaster wall panels, 3D panels, concrete panels and light panels;
4. Other bricks made from construction waste or industrial waste; and silicate bricks.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Circular applies to organizations and individuals involved in non-baked building material production and import or work construction investment and state management agencies in charge of construction.
Article 3. Construction works required to use non-baked building materials
1. For construction works invested with state budget funds, non-budget state funds or loans of enterprises with state capital accounting for over 30%, the proportion of non-baked building materials to the total quantity of building materials must be as followed:
a/ In Hanoi city and Ho Chi Minh City: 100%;
b/ In the northern delta and midland provinces and southeastern provinces: At least 90%, for construction works in urban centers of grade III or higher grades, and at least 70%, for those in remaining areas;
c/ In other provinces: At least 70%, for construction works in urban centers of grade III or higher grades, and least 50%, for those in remaining areas.
2. For construction works with 9 stories or more, non-baked building materials must account for at least 80% of the total quantity of building materials.
3. Cases of not using non-baked building materials, subject to particular requirements, must be considered and approved by competent state management agencies.
4. The State encourages the use of non-banked building materials in construction works, regardless of their capital sources and the number of stories.
Article 4. Responsibilities of related organizations and individuals for provision and use of non-baked building materials in construction works
1. Investment deciders shall prescribe the use of non-baked building materials in accordance with this Circular when making investment decision.
2. Project owners shall use non-baked building materials of appropriate types in accordance with this Circular.
3. Design consultancy contractors shall include in their designs non-baked building materials suitable to each type of structure.
4. Construction contractors and supervision consultancy contractors shall comply with design specifications on the use of non-baked building materials.
5. Competent state agencies, when appraising construction investment projects, shall ensure that the use of non-baked building materials under regulations is a compulsory requirement.
6. Cases of not using non-baked building materials, subject to particular requirements, must be considered and approved by the following competent state agencies:
a/ The Ministry of National Defense or the Ministry of Public Security, for security or national defense works subject to special requirements on building materials;
b/ Line ministries, for their particular works;
c/ Provincial-level People’s Committees, for remaining works.
7. Non-baked building material producers, importers and traders shall ensure that non-baked building materials supplied to construction works satisfy the relevant Vietnamese standards and have certificates of conformity under regulations.
8. Reporting responsibility
a/ Provincial-level Construction Departments shall report to the Ministry of Construction on the investment, production and use of non-baked building materials in their localities under regulations;
b/ Work construction investment project owners, producers and importers of non-baked building materials of all types shall report to provincial-level Departments of Construction on the use of non-baked building materials.
Click download to see the full text