THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
Circular No. 16/2016/TT-BGTVT dated June 30, 2016 of the Ministry of Transport on regulations on assessment and certification of urban railway system safety
Pursuant to the Law on Railway dated June 14, 2005;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 14/2015/ND-CP dated February 13, 2015 providing instructions on the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Railway;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 107/2012/ND-CP dated December 20th 2012, defining the functions, tasks, entitlements and organizational structure of the Ministry of Transport;
At the request of director of Department of Science and Technology and director of the Vietnam Register;
The Minister of Transport has promulgated the Circular stipulating assessment and certification of urban railway safety.
1. This Circular stipulates assessment and certification of urban railway safety; procedures for examination and verification of safety for urban railway routes being completely constructed or upgraded; periodical certification of safety management system for urban railway routes during operation.
2. This Circular shall not apply to monorails, tramways.
This Circular applies to organizations, individuals in connection with management, construction engineering, operation; assessment and certification of system safety; examination and verification of dossiers of urban railway system for construction and upgrading; periodical certification of the safety management system for urban railway routes during operation.
In this Circular, some terms are construed as follows:
1. Risks are possible occurrence of a danger that may cause damage and degree of severity of such damage.
2. Risk assessment refers to the qualitative and quantitative analysis of risks as foundations for application of efficient risk control measures.
3. System safety means the assurance of safety through systematic application of technical measures, management tools to determine and control risks with the aim of gaining reliability, availability, maintainability and safety.
4. Assessment and certification of system safety means the process of independently assessing conformity of dossiers and performed tasks with requirements of safety management standards and certifying the urban railway route ensure safety for operation.
5. Organization that certifies safety independently (hereinafter referred to as ‘the certification body’)refers to the organization that provides the services of assessment and certification of urban railway system safety.
6. Operating organization refers to the organization that is tasked with managing, operating and maintaining activities of urban railway routes.
7. Investor means the agencies, organizations that own capitals or are directly tasked with managing and using capital for the implementation of investment and construction of urban railway routes.
8. Operation safety management system refers to the management system of the operating organization including regulations, instructions on organizational structureand management processes of the operating organization that have been constructed in accordance with safety management standards approved by competent authoritiesto control risks.
9. Certificates of system safety means the certificates issued by the certification body certifying that the urban railway routes have been designed and constructed in accordance with safety management standards and operation safety conditions.
Click download to see the full text