THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence– Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, April 11, 2012
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF SOC TRANG PROVINCE TILL 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001
Pursuant to Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of the Government concerning the formulation, approval and management of socio-economic development master plans, and Decree No. 04/2008/ND-CP dated January 11, 2008 of the Government amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP;
At the proposal of the People’s Committee of Soc Trang province,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Soc Trang province till 2020 (below referred to as the master plan), with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. This master plan must comply with the national strategy on socio-economic development and the master plan on socioeconomic development in the Mekong River delta region and ensure the synchrony and consistency with sectoral master plans.
2. To promote internal resources in combination with making the best use of external resources for sustainable, balanced and harmonious intensive and extensive socio-economic development to create competitiveness in domestic and foreign markets; to help Soc Trang province keep pace with the national development level.
3. To exploit the maritime advantages for strongly developing coastal economy and marine economy as a motive force for economic restructuring; to renew management and administrative reform policies and synchronously develop infrastructure for attracting investment, especially in economic sectors with high added value.
4. To combine economic development with health, culture, education and training development, realize social progress and justice, protect the environment, improve the quality of people’s life and gradually reduce the poor household rate; focus on training high-quality human resources to meet market demands, and link human resource development with science and technology development and application.
5. To closely combine between the socio-economic development with the building of a strong political system, consolidating defense and security and maintaining social order and safety. To take the initiative in preventing the effects and impacts of climate change and sea level rise.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives
To build Soc Trang into a province with a sustainable hi-tech agriculture in association with industrial and service development; a complete and modem infrastructure system; and constantly improving people’s material and spiritual lives, step by step advancing in pace with the national development process; firm defense-security and assured social order and safety. To turn Soc Trang into a province with relatively high income in the Mekong River delta by 2020.
Click download to see the full text