THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 15, 2010
APPROVING THE PLAN ON THE NETWORK OF FISHING PORTS AND WHARVES THROUGH 2020, AND ORIENTATIONS TOWARDS 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2003 Fisheries Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development (Report No. 3057/1 BNN-KTBVNL of September 23, 2009),
Article 1. To approve the Plan on the network of fishing ports and wharves through 2020, and orientations towards 2030, with the follow principal contents:
I. PLANNING VIEWPOINTS
1. To plan fishing ports and wharves on basis of tapping to the utmost the natural conditions, taking into consideration traditional customs and practices of local fish communities while ensuring compliance local and sectoral socio-economic development master plans to serve the catch of aquatic resources in the direction of industrialization modernization.
2. To attach importance to the construction of fishing ports and wharves in close association with storm shelters for fishing vessels in convenient places near large fishing grounds where operate large numbers of many vessels.
3. To speed up the socialization in the construction and management of fishing ports and wharves in order to mobilize sources from various economic sectors as well as financial support and assistance of foreign countries and international organizations, especially their experience in the construction and management of fishing ports and wharves.
II. PLANNING OBJECTIVES
1. To complete the system of fishing ports and wharves along the coast, on islands and at estuaries and bays with favorable natural conditions suitable for building large fishing ports or wharves aiming to provide docking places and logistics services for fishing vessels towards industrialization and modernization.
2. To step by step upgrade and consolidate people-founded fishing wharves, creating favorable conditions for inshore fishermen to improve production conditions and assure safety, partially meeting the demand for logistics services and contributing to economic, tourist, cultural and social development and environmental sanitation for coastal and island fishing communities.
Click Download to see full text