THE PRIME MINISTER
Decision No. 1942/QD-TTg of October 22, 2013, approving the master plan on socio-economic development of Dak Nong province through 2020
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006, on formulation, approval and management of socio-economic development master plans; and the Government’s Decree No. 04/2008/ ND-CP of January 11, 2008, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Government’s Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 7, 2006;
At the proposal of the chairperson of the People s Committee of Dak Nong province,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Dak Nong province through 2020 (below referred to as the master plan) with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS AND OBJECTIVES
1. Development viewpoints
- To step up economic development in a rapid and sustainable manner. To rationally associate economic development with economic restructuring for promoting and effectively tapping land, forest, hydropower, bauxite and eco-tourist advantages, and intensify the attraction of external sources of capital.
- To step by step restructure the economy through prioritizing in-depth investment and developing advantageous production industries to create breakthroughs for development, making great contributions to the overall growth of the economy.
- To synchronously develop infrastructure. To harmoniously combine production development with economic and social infrastructure development.
- To raise the quality of human resources. To step up education development, raise people’s intellectual standards and enhance professional, technical and vocational training for employees, especially managers and technical workers, to meet the province’s development needs in the context of international economic integration.
In the immediate future, to prioritize formation of a contingent of highly qualified technicians in agriculture, forestry, processing and mining industries.
- To associate economic growth with social equity and security and solidarity among ethnicities. To pay due attention to social welfare in rural areas in connection with hunger elimination, poverty reduction and development assistance for deep-lying, remote and ethnic minority areas With, a view to creating jobs, improving material and spiritual lives of people of all strata, and reducing poverty and social evils. To protect and promote diversified traditional cultures of different ethnic minorities in the province.
- To associate socio-economic development with environmental protection. To maintain the ecological balance and ensure sustainable development. To adopt orientations for prevention, control and mitigation natural disasters, drought, flood and epidemics.
- To associate socio-economic development with maintenance of security and national defense, firm protection of sovereignty and security along the entire national borderline, and preservation of political stability and security and social order and safety.
a/ General objectives
To ensure rapid and sustainable economic development for Dak Nong province, creating drastic qualitative changes in the economic and labor structures. To accelerate the process of industrialization and modernization and develop the commodity production agriculture using advanced techniques to ensure high efficiency and sustainability. To concentrate on intensive development of advantageous industries, step by step apply modem technologies for turning out products with high added value and competitiveness in the market. To develop services in different forms toward improving their quality to better meet market demands, especially tourist services in which the province has advantages. To develop cultural and social activities and step up socialization in education and training, health care, culture, physical training and sports. To improve the quality of people’s lives in parallel with poverty reduction, job creation and social security assurance. To maintain political stability and ensure national defense, security and social order and safety.
b/ Specific targets
- Economic targets
+ Economic growth:
• During 2011-2015, the average economic growth fate will be around 15.5%/year, specifically the proportion of industry- construction will rise 25.8%/year, that of agriculture, forestry and fishery, 5.4%/year, and that of services, 18%/year.
• During 2016-2020, the average economic growth rate will be around 16-17%/year, specifically the proportion of industry- construction will rise 22-23%/year, that of agriculture, forestry and fishery, 4-5%/year, and that of services, 15-16%/year.
+ Economic structure:
• By 2015, the proportion of industry- construction will reach 39.57%, that of services will reach 26.7% and that of agriculture will be around 33.73%.
| • By 2020, the proportion of industry- construction will reach 45.7%, that of services will reach 37.6% and that of agriculture will be around 16.5%.
+ Per-capita GDP will reach VND 27 million by 2015 and approximately VND 66 million by 2020. To gradually narrow the gap in per capita GDP between the province and the whole country, from 66% in 2010 to 76% by 2020.
+ Export value will reach USD 550 million by 2015 with an average growth rate of 16.17%/ year during 2011-2015, and around USD 1,500 million with an average growth rate of 22.2%/ year during 2016-2020.
Click download to view full text