THE MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND TRADE
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 10, 2021
Prescribing border gates of import of under-16 seat passenger cars
Pursuant to the June 12, 2017 Law on Foreign Trade Management;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 98/2017/ND-CP of August 18, 2017, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry and Trade;
At the proposal of the Director General of the Agency of Foreign Trade,
The Minister of Industry and Trade promulgates the Circular prescribing border gates of import of under-16 seat passenger cars.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. This Circular prescribes border gates of import of under-16 seat passenger cars.
2. This Circular does not apply to:
a/ Import or temporary import for re-export of cars by subjects entitled to privileges and immunities, which must comply with separate regulations of the Government or Prime Minister;
b/ Import of cars for national defense and security purposes under plans approved by the Prime Minister;
c/ Import of cars for special purposes under the Prime Minister’s decisions;
d/ Temporary import of cars for display at trade fairs or exhibitions, which are then re-exported; import of cars for scientific research or testing;
dd/ Transit via bordering countries and border-gate transfer business.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Circular applies to traders importing under-16 seat passenger cars, and related agencies, individuals and organizations.
Article 3. Regulations on border gates of import
1. Under-16 seat passenger cars may be imported into Vietnam only through seaport border gates in Quang Ninh (Cai Lan), Hai Phong, Thanh Hoa (Nghi Son), Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, and Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
2. Import procedures must comply with relevant regulations.
Article 4. Effect
1. This Circular takes effect on January 24, 2022.
2. This Circular replaces the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s Circular No. 06/2019/TT-BCT of March 25, 2019, prescribing border gates of import of under-16 seat passenger cars.-
Minister of Industry and Trade
NGUYEN HONG DIEN
 Công Báo Nos 1063-1064 (26/12/2021)