THE MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 31, 2019
On technical requirements for testing banned chemicals and antibiotics in aqua feed
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 15/2017/ND-CP of February 17, 2017 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development;
Pursuant to the Law on Food Safety June 17, 2010;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 15/2018/ND-CP dated February 2, 2018, detailing a number of articles of the Law on Food Safety;
At the proposal of the Director of Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Quality Assurance Department,
The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development promulgates the Circular providing technical requirements for testing banned chemicals and antibiotics in aqua feed.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. This Circular provides technical requirements for testing for some indicators of chemicals and antibiotics that are banned from being used in aqua feed with prescribed minimum required performance levels (MRPL) under the management of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
2. Exported aqua feed shall conform to domestic regulations of importing countries and not be governed by this Circular.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Food testing laboratories in service of the state management, which are designated by Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and qualified to test for chemical and antibiotic indicators in aqua feed according to the Joint Circular No. 20/2013/TTLT-BYT-BCT-BNNPTNT dated August 01, 2013, defining requirements, order and procedures for appointing food testing laboratories in service of the state management (hereinafter referred to as “testing laboratories”). Regulatory authorities, organizations and individuals involved in the testing for aqua feed, and regulatory authorities in charge of aqua feed safety.
2. Organizations and individuals producing and/or trading aqua feed.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Circular, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. β error means the probability that the tested sample is truly non-compliant even though a compliant measurement has been obtained.
2. Detection capability (CCβ) means the smallest content of the substance that may be detected, identified and/or quantified in a sample with a β error. In the case of substances with no permitted limit, the detection capability is the lowest concentration at which a method is able to detect truly contaminated samples with a statistical certainty of 1 – β.
3. Minimum required performance limit (MRPL) means the minimum content of a substance, which need to be determined and confirmed in the test sample. It is intended to harmonize the analytical performance of methods for substances for which no permitted limit has been established.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR TESTING
BANNED CHEMICALS AND ANTIBIOTICS IN AQUA FEED
Article 4. MRPL levels and CCβ values for some banned chemicals and antibiotics in aqua feed
1. The MRPL levels for some banned chemicals and antibiotics in aqua feed are specified in the Appendix issued together with this Circular.
2. The CCβ value for a banned chemical and antibiotic in aqua feed must be less than or equal to (<) the corresponding MRPL value as specified in the Appendix issued together with this Circular.
Article 5. Requirements for testing laboratories
Click Download to see the full text