BỘ NGOẠI GIAO
CỘNG HÒA XÃ HỘI CHỦ NGHĨA VIỆT NAM
Độc lập - Tự do - Hạnh phúc
Hà Nội, ngày 17 tháng 08 năm 2016
VỀ VIỆC ĐIỀU ƯỚC QUỐC TẾ CÓ HIỆU LỰC
Thực hiện quy định tại Điều 56 của Luật Điều ước quốc tế năm 2016, Bộ Ngoại giao trân trọng thông báo:
Hiệp định về miễn thị thực cho người mang hộ chiếu ngoại giao và công vụ giữa Chính phủ nước Cộng hòa xã hội chủ nghĩa Việt Nam và Chính phủ nước Cộng hòa Síp, ký tại Nicosia ngày 11 tháng 9 năm 2015 có hiệu lực từ ngày 10 tháng 8 năm 2016.
Bộ Ngoại giao trân trọng gửi bản sao Hiệp định theo quy định tại Điều 59 của Luật nêu trên./.
TL. BỘ TRƯỞNG
KT. VỤ TRƯỞNG
VỤ LUẬT PHÁP VÀ ĐIỀU ƯỚC QUỐC TẾ
PHÓ VỤ TRƯỞNG
Nguyễn Văn Ngự
BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENT OF THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM AND THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS ON VISA WAIVER FOR HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC OR SERVICE/OFFICIAL PASSPORTS
The Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and the Government of the Republic of Cyprus, hereinafter referred to as "the Parties"
Desiring to strengthen and develop the friendly relations between the two countries;
Have agreed as follows:
1. Citizens of one Party, who are holders of valid diplomatic or service/official passports, shall be exempted from visa requirements for entry into, exit from and transit through the territory of the other Party at the border checkpoints designated by that Party for international travel.
2. The persons mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be permitted to stay in the territory of the other Party for a maximum period of 90 (ninety) days. Upon request in writing of the diplomatic mission or consular post of the Party whose citizens the passport holders are, the other Party may extend the permit of residence for those persons.
1. Citizens of the one Party, who are members of the diplomatic mission or consular post of his/her State accredited to the other Party, shall be exempt from visa requirements for entry into and exit from the territory of the other Party during the whole period of their assignment, provided that they are holders of valid diplomatic or service/official passports. They shall also be permitted to stay there during this period. Citizens of one Party who are the representatives of his/her State in the international organizations located in the territory of the other Party and are holders of valid diplomatic or service/official passports shall also enjoy the rights mentioned above.
2. The same privileges shall also apply to the spouse and children of persons mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Article, provided that they are holders of valid diplomatic or service/official passports or the children's names are entered in their father's or mother's passport.
The competent authorities of the Parties shall, at the earliest time as possible, inform each other, through diplomatic channels, of changes of their laws and regulations concerning the entry, exit and temporary stay of foreigners.
1. This Agreement shall not exempt persons who are holders of the valid diplomatic or service/official passports from the obligation to observe laws and regulations of the host Country.
2. Each Party reserves the right to refuse a permission to enter or to shorten the duration of stay in its territory to any citizen of the other Party.
If a citizen of one Party loses his/her passport in the territory of the other Party, he/she shall inform the diplomatic mission or consular post concerned and the relevant authorities of the host Country. After issuing a new passport or travel document in accordance with its laws and regulations, the said diplomatic mission or consular post shall inform the relevant authorities of the host Country of the revocation of the lost passport as well as the issuance of new passport or travel document.
For reasons of national security or public health, either Party may, in whole or in part, suspend the implementation of this Agreement. The Parties shall notify each other of any such measure and its termination, through diplomatic channels, not later than 72 (seventy-two) hours prior to the entry into force of such measure or its termination.
The Parties shall convey to each other through diplomatic channels specimens of their diplomatic or service/official passports or the specimens of new diplomatic or service/official passports, at least 30 (thirty) days before the entry into force of this Agreement or their introduction.
1. This Agreement shall enter into force 30 (thirty) days after the receipt of the last written notification through diplomatic channels, by which the Parties notify each other that their respective internal procedures required for its entry into force have been completed.
2. This Agreement shall remain in force for a five-year period and it will, thereafter, be automatically extended for successive five-year periods unless either Party gives to the other Party 3 (three) months' advance notice in writing of its intention to terminate it.
3. This Agreement may be amended and supplemented at any time by the mutual written consent of the Parties through diplomatic channels.
Done at Nicosia on 11th September 2015 in duplicate in English.
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF
BUI THANH SON
VICE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF
THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS
MINISTER OF FOREIGN
AFFAIRS OF CYPRUS