THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, June 15, 2021
Approving the e-Government development strategy towards the digital Government in the 2021 – 2025 period, with a vision to 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Political Bureau’s Resolution No. 52-NQ/TW dated September 27, 2019 on a number of guidelines and policies to actively participate in the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
Pursuant to the Resolution No. 50/NQ-CP dated April 17, 2020 of the Government promulgating the Government's Action Program for materialization of the Political Bureau’s Resolution No. 52-NQ/TW of September 27, 2019 on a number of guidelines and policies to actively participate in the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
At the proposal of the Minister of Information and Communications.
Article 1. To approve the e-Government development strategy towards the digital Government in the 2021 – 2025 period, with a vision to 2030 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy), with the following contents:
1. Developing the digital Government with all safe operations on the digital environment, a redesigned operating model and operations based on data and digital technology, in order to deliver better quality services, make more timely decisions, formulate better policies, use resources more optimally, facilitate development, lead the country’s digital transformation, and effectively address major problems in socio-economic development and management.
2. Developing the digital Government in a comprehensive manner, promoting the achieved results, concentrating resources, mobilizing the involvement of the entire political system and working out breakthrough and outstanding solutions as well as methods, in order to basically fulfill the e-Government development targets by 2021 and serve the formation of the digital Government by 2025.
3. Building open orientation for people, enterprises and other organizations to appropriately participate in the operations of state agencies and interact with state agencies, in order to jointly foster transparency, improve service quality, address problems and create value for society.
4. Data is the new resource. State agencies shall set up databases and provide open data for the development of digital Government, digital economy and digital society. State agencies shall connect and share data that people only need to declare and provide once to state agencies and essential public service providers.
5. Platform is the breakthrough solution. Combining centralized model and distributed model, conforming to Vietnam e-Government Architecture Framework and e-Government Architecture of ministries, sectors and localities. Developing platforms in the direction of providing synchronous and smooth services at administrative levels so that they can be used anywhere. National platforms, applications and services must be prioritized for development on an effective and centralized manner.
6. The domestic market shall create and develop “Make in Vietnam” digital technology products, aiming to conquer the regional and global market. The Government shall actively coordinate, plan and carry out some activities that orient and create the market, contributing to realize the dual targets of both developing the digital Government and developing Vietnam's digital technology enterprises. Diversifying in scale, aiming to master and develop core technologies and open platforms in service of the digital Government, establishing an ecosystem of “Make in Vietnam” applications and services.
II. VISION TO 2030
Vietnam will be ranked among the top 30 countries in the world in terms of e-Government and digital Government in accordance with the United Nations ranking.
The digital Government transforms methods of servicing people and enterprises, aiming at reducing costs, enhancing business productivity, creating facilitation, satisfying people, so that people and enterprises can participate more in the operations of state agencies to jointly create values, benefits, satisfaction, trust and social consensus.
The digital Government transforms the organization, operation, working environment and tools so that officials, civil servants and public employees can give their best performance.
Click download to see the full text