THE OFFICE OF GOVERMENT
Notice No. 67/TB-VPCP dated February 07, 2013 of the Office of Government on the conclusion of the Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai – Chief of Steering Board of Investment in the public-private partnership form
On February 01, 2013, at Office of Government, Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai - Chief of Steering Board of Investment In The Public-Private Partnership Form (PPP) presided over second session of the Steering Board. The meeting has participation of representative of Ministries, sectors being members of Steering Board. After listening the report of the Ministry of Planning and Investment and opinions of delegates participating in the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Hoang Trung Hai - Chief of Steering Board concluded as follows:
1. In past time, the Ministry of Planning and Investment (Standing agency of the Steering Board) has done many missions which are important basis for carrying out the PPP model, including: Organizing to finalize legal corridor; submitting the chief for promulgation of Regulation on operation of the Steering Board; formulating the 2013 action plan of the Steering Board; training and improving capability; formulating guide on development support fund use for PPP projects, etc. In next time, the Ministry of Planning and Investment and Ministries, sectors shall continue to expeditiously amend the Decision No. 71/2010/QD-TTg, after its implementation is successful, it shall be upgraded to a Government’s Decree.
2. On the basis of opinions of members of the Steering board, agree to pass the 2013 Operation Plan of the Steering board. Require Ministries, sectors and localities to review, propose feasible projects (in development plan, have ability to payback and attract investors, etc), not later than March 10, 2013, send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for summarizing into List of PPP investment projects, and submit to the Chief for approval.
3. A few of tasks in next time:
- Expeditiously complete the consolidation of the inter-sector working team on PPP;
- Strengthen the proactive, positive coordination of ministries, sectors which have representatives being members of the Steering board, aiming to step up implementation of general tasks of the Steering board as well as tasks on PPP in their fields and sectors.
- Ministries, sectors and localities shall establish specialized divisions on PPP (PPP teams, sections, etc) for management and monitoring of projects.
- The Ministry of Finance expeditiously finishes procedures for borrowing EUR 8 million from AFD; the State bank of Vietnam expeditiously completes announcement on effect of the amounts of USD 20 million borrowed from ADB for the PPP project development support Fund (PDF).
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with Ministries, sectors and localities in stepping up training and improving capability on PPP.
- For some specific projects:
+ Dau Giay – Phan Thiet highway project: Office of Government consults relevant agencies and submits to the Prime Minister for consideration and decision.
+ Bien Hoa – Vung Tau highway project: Japanese partner has researched in order to carry out by use of PSIF capital source, hence continue carrying out under this model.
+ Ninh Binh – Ha Tinh (Bai Vot) highway project: The Ministry of Transport continues researching in order to carry out under PPP model and define time, scope of investment for conformity.
+ Project on upgrading plant of concentrated sewage treatment in An Nghiep industrial zone, Soc Trang province: The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment coordinates with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and Soc Trang People’s Committee in studying on capability of loans for project and preferential interest rate from Vietnam environmental protection Fund.
+ Project on supply of hospital logistics: The Ministry of Health establishes a working team, coordinates with the Ministry of Planning and Investment in order to continue implementation of contents unified with Hellmann Company. In principle, it must comply with law of Vietnam.
+ Project on application of electronic trade in Governmental procurement: The Ministry of Planning and Investment expeditiously approves Report on feasible research (FS), dossier of bidding and organizes selection of investor early in order to put project into operation.
+ BOT projects for electricity sector may use PDF Fund for making report on feasible research (FS). The Ministry of Industry and Trade holds open bidding for selection of investors.
Office of Government announces with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and relevant agencies for implementation.
For the Minister
For Chairperson of the Office
Pham Van Phuong