THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 17, 2017
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Information and Communications
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of September 1, 2016, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
At the proposal of the Minister of Information and Communications,
The Government promulgates the Decree defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Information and Communications.
Article 1. Position and functions
The Ministry of Information and Communications is a governmental agency functioning to perform the state management of the press; publishing, printing and distribution; post; telecommunications; radio frequency; information and electronic technology; radio and television broadcasting, electronic information, news agency, external information, and grassroots information, and the state management of public services in the fields and sectors under its state management.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
The Ministry of Information and Communications shall perform the tasks and exercise the powers defined in the Government’s Decree No. 123/2016/ND-CP of September 1, 2016, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of ministries and ministerial-level agencies; and the following specific tasks and powers:
1. To submit to the Government draft laws and resolutions of the National Assembly, draft ordinances and resolutions of the National Assembly Standing Committee; draft decrees of the Government under the Government’s annual lawmaking programs and plans, and projects and schemes assigned by the Government or Prime Minister.
2. To submit to the Government or Prime Minister strategies, master plans and long-term, five-year and annual development plans; national target programs, action programs and important national projects and works, programs and schemes on provision of public services and public non-business services in the fields and sectors under its management; decisions, directives and other documents falling under the competence of the Prime Minister.
3. To promulgate circulars, decisions, directives and other documents on management of the fields and sectors under its state management.
4. To direct, guide, inspect, examine and organize the implementation of approved legal documents, strategies, master plans and plans falling under its state management; to communicate, disseminate and educate about the laws concerning the fields and sectors under its state management.
5. Regarding the press (including printed press, online press, radio, television and news agency bulletins):
a/ To guide, direct and organize the implementation of Prime Minister-approved master plans on development and management of the press nationwide and overseas representative offices and resident bureaus of Vietnamese press agencies;
b/ To organize provision of information for the press and management of press information; to carry out the measurement, verification and publicization of data related to press activities in accordance with law;
c/ To provide technical instructions on measures and processes of information preservation and information management systems in the implementation of regulations on access to information;
d/ To promulgate regulations on organization of press competitions, seminars and festivals;
dd/ To check legal deposits of the press; to manage the national legal deposit system for printed press; to carry out the electronic legal deposit of audio, visual and online press works in accordance with law; to inspect the holding of press briefings and provision of information to the press by spokespersons of state administrative agencies in accordance with law;
Click download to see the full text