THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 07, 2020
On intensify of electricity savings in the period of 2020-2025
During the last many years, the supply of electricity to the economy has alway been guarantee, being the concrete foundation for economy development, investment attraction, protect national defense and security, social stability. However, in the context of electricity supply in the period of 2020 - 2025 shall face a lot of challenge due to: (i) the hydro graphic condition to ensure the power generation of the hydroelectric power plant on the river system having unfavorable development due to the climate changes; (ii) the dependent on elementary imported energy become more and more deeply; (iii) the source of wind power, solar power still have restriction on the scale and technical barrier in exploitation and use; (iv) thermal power plant having many obstacles on widen the investment, meanwhile, the demand of electricity still rising in high level, at the average of 10% per year, higher the than speed of economic growth, thus the economical and efficiency using of electricity must be consider as an important and urgent solution to continue to up hold the persistence of energy security, stable development and national economic growth toward the next 05 years.
To implement the Directive No. 34/CT-TTg dated August 07, 2017 of the Prime Minister on intensify of electricity savings, the whole country has many positive change in the consciousness of using electricity power in the economical and efficiency direction. That lead to the result of 9 billion kWh saved, which equal to VNS 15,000 billion and the average saving level is 1.5% of the total electricity consumption annually. This is the important presumption to let our country to continue the fasten and strengthen the quality of electricity consumption, consider electronic saving as a key solution to reduce the risk of electricity shortness in the period of 2020 - 20250.
The Prime Minister require that, in the period of 2020 - 2025, the whole country must strive to save at least 2% of the total electricity consumption annually. To reach to this goal, it is requirement for all organizations, individuals to seriously implement the electronic savings, to be specific as follow:
1. The ministries, ministerial agencies, Government attached agencies, provinces and centrally run cities’ People's Committees, enterprises, associations, organizations and the social shall carry out a number of solutions as follow:
a) To implement electricity savings in agencies, offices:
- To coordinate with local energy to establish and organize the implementation of electricity savings plans for such agencies, ensure to save at least 5% of the total electricity consumption in the year.
- Elaborating, promulgating and organizing the effective implementation of regulations on the use, maintenance and repair of electricity consuming equipment at agencies and units.
- Disseminate and comprehend the implementation of electricity saving to all employees, put electricity saving contents into the criteria for assessing the level of completion of tasks, obeying internal discipline and emulation and commendation every year.
- Urge, review and regularly check the implementation of current regulations and provisions on electricity saving.
Click Download to see the full text