THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 30, 2018
Approving the 2016-2020 target program on information technology
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2014 Law on Public Investment;
Pursuant to the National Assembly Standing Committee’s Resolution No. 1023/NQ-UBTVQH13 of August 28, 2015, promulgating the principles, criteria and norms for allocation of state budget funds for development investment during 2016-2020;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 73/NQ-CP of August 26, 2016, approving investment policies for target programs during 2016-2020;
Pursuant to the National Assembly’s Resolution No. 26/2016/QH14 of November 10, 2016, on the 2016-2020 medium-term public investment plan;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 40/2015/QD-TTg of September 14, 2015, promulgating the principles, criteria and norms for allocation of state budget funds for development investment during 2016-2020;
At the proposal of the Minister of Planning and Investment;
Article 1. To approve the 2016-2020 target program on information technology with the following principal contents:
1. Name of the program and the program managing agency:
a/ Name of the program: the 2016-2020 target program on information technology;
b/ The program managing agency: the Ministry of Information and Communications.
2. Objectives of the program:
a/ Overall objectives:
To promote information technology application in state agencies’ operations, build an e-government and provide online public services in a consistent manner from central to local levels; to increase the capability to ensure national information security and electronic authentication; to develop information technology industry through development of key information technology parks and products.
b/ Specific objectives through 2020:
- All ministries, ministerial-level agencies, provinces and centrally-run cities will have joint-use sharing and integration platforms.
- To satisfy the connection demand of over 50% of information systems of ministries, branches and localities and share data with the national databases.
- Thirty percent of local administrative procedures shall be processed online at grade 4.
- More than 50% of administrative procedures that need to be exchanged among inter-agency single-window sections shall be exchanged in the cyber environment.
- To complete the building of a system interconnecting provincial and municipal information systems with ready-to-use service systems of ministries, sectors and localities.
- More than 80% of information systems at grade 3 or higher of localities will have plans to ensure information security conformable with the standards and technical regulations on assurance of security for information systems of each grade.
- To get Vietnam out of the list of 20 nations with the world’s highest malware infection rate ranked by international organizations.
- All grade-4 public services will have concentrated electronic authentication solutions.
- Cyber-information security of at least 50% of portals of provinces and centrally run cities will be supervised with priority given to provinces with difficulties and unbalanced budgets.
- To support the construction of 7 information technology parks under the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 392/2015/QD-TTg of March 27, 2015.
- To support the research and development of at least 3 electronic hardware products in the fields of chip and semi-conductor chip; 6 platform products for use in state agencies and the society; and 1 digital content product serving state agencies.
3. Duration, scope and subjects of the program
a/ Implementation duration: from 2016 to 2020
b/ Scope of the program:
Ministries, central sectors, provinces and centrally run cities have projects that benefit from the program’s investment.
c/ Program beneficiaries:
- Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, provinces and centrally run cities that participate in the program;
- Enterprises and people that benefit from the program through the simplification of administrative procedures and priority in investment in information technology parks.
4. Program scale:
a/ To invest in information technology infrastructure conformable with the Vietnamese, ministerial-level and provincial-level e-government architecture framework in order to ensure security, confidentiality and interconnection among localities, central sectors and national joint-use information systems.
b/ To develop national databases, information system technical infrastructure facilities and databases of ministries, sectors and localities for interior information technology application and provide high-level online public services.
c/ To provide high-level online public services at ministries, sectors and localities.
d/ To invest in upgrading the infrastructure and solutions to ensure information security for important information systems, common cyber threat processing systems and information security monitoring systems of portals and websites of agencies and organizations; to invest in building the national electronic authentication system.
dd/ To support the construction of essential technical infrastructure of 5 information technology parks in advantaged localities and key economic regions and improvement of their capacity to research and develop a number of key information technology products.
e/ To support the performance of the program’s tasks (funded by non-business capital under annual plans):
- To hire information technology services for projects suitable to the program’s objectives and tasks;
- To convert, standardize and create data; to standardize the process of online public service provision.
5. Contents of prioritized investment in component projects:
a/ The group of component projects on investment in information technology application:
Requirements of investment priority order are as follows:
(1) Building a ministerial-level joint-use sharing and integration platform (for ministries and central sectors); a joint-use provincial-level sharing and integration platform (for provinces and centrally run cities).
(2) Building a ministerial-level (for ministries, ministerial-level and central agencies) and provincial-level (for provinces and centrally-run cities) e-government architecture as prescribed in the Ministry of Information and Communications’ Official Letter No. 2384/BTTTT-THH of July 28, 2015, guiding the ministerial-level and provincial-level e-government architecture outline samples.
(3) Investing in building databases: To comply with the regulations and guidance on principles of building, managing, exploiting, protecting and maintaining databases in the Government’s Decree No. 64/2007/ND-CP of April 10, 2007, on the application of information technology to state agencies’ activities; technical standards provided in the Ministry of Information and Communications’ Circular No. 22/2013/TT-BTTT of December 23, 2013, on the list of technical standards on information technology application to state agencies and Official Letter No. 3788/BTTTT-THH of December 26, 2014, guiding the interconnection and exchange of data among state agencies’ information systems.
b/ The group of component projects on information security:
For investment in information security of ministries and central sectors, to propose capital allocation for formulating specific information security projects or forming an item in information technology application projects of the program; investment in information security of localities may be incorporated as an investment item of information technology application projects. In case information security work has a large scale and requires large investment, localities shall prepare specific explanations about the necessity to formulate specific projects.
c/ The group of component projects on information technology industry:
Information technology park construction projects under the master plan on development of information technology parks that have already been approved or agreed by the Prime Minister to be implemented; projects to upgrade or expand information technology parks recognized by laws. Localities eligible for implementing such projects must satisfy the conditions on information technology human resources, geological location, socio-economic development and for the establishment of information technology parks specified in Article 9 of the Government’s Decree No. 154/2013/ND-CP; shall identify funding sources and determine investment capital structure; and be requested by the program managing agency.
The proposed investment in key information technology product development projects must comply with the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 392/QD-TTg of March 27, 2015, approving the target program on information technology industry development through 2020, with a vision toward 2025.
6. Total funding for the program implementation:
The total funding for the program implementation will be VND 1,520 billion (in case of having additional allocations from the central budget, the total funding for program implementation may be increased but must not exceed the program’s total investment capital of VND 7,920 billion as approved in Resolution No. 73/NQ-CP of August 26, 2016) in which:
- Central budget funds for development investment will be VND 844 billion;
- Non-business capital from the central budget will be VND 273 billion;
- Local budget funds for development investment will be VND 403 billion.
7. Principles of allocation of central budget funds for the program:
Click download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 367-368 (11/2/2018)