THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 15, 2019
Approving the 2019-2025 Scheme for Higher Quality of University Education
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Law on Education and the November 25, 2009 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Education Law;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2012 Law on University Education and the November 19, 2018 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on University Education;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No.63/NQ-CP of July 22, 2016, promulgating the Government’s action program for implementation of the National Assembly’s Resolution on the 2016-2020 five-year socio-economic development plan;
At the proposal of the Minister of Education and Training at Report No.1075/TTr-BGDDT of November 27, 2018,
Article 1. To approve the 2019-2025 Scheme for Higher Quality of University Education (below referred to as the Scheme for short) with the following major contents:
I. DIRECTING VIEWPOINTS
1. The State plays the constructive and supporting role via the formulation of policies, creating favorable conditions for the development of university education.
2. To step up the socialization, mobilizing and efficiently using all resources invested in university education.
3. To actively embark on international integration on university education. To intensify the association between university education establishments and employers throughout the training process.
4. To ensure fairness, equality and healthy competition among university education establishments in human resource training. To ensure quality conditions, making public and transparent these conditions for knowledge and supervision by learners and society.
1. General objectives
To create a vigorous and substantive improvement in the quality of training, scientific research and technological transfer of the university education system, meeting the human resource training demands; to contribute to raising the labor quality and productivity, boosting the creative start-ups, enhancing the national competitiveness in the region and the world.
2. Specific objectives towards 2025
a/ Regarding the quality of university graduates:
100% of the university graduates meet the output standards, including foreign languages, informatics, and soft skills to be ready for participation in the labor market.
b/ Regarding the conditions to ensure quality and verify the education quality:
- 100% of the university lecturers possess the master, equivalent or higher degree, of which at least 35% possess the doctorate degree;
- 100 % of the university education establishments (qualified) verify the education quality, of which about 10% are verified by prestigious foreign verifying organizations;
- More than 35% of the training programs are verified at home or overseas, of which 100% of the teachers’ training programs at all levels are verified.
c/ Regarding university autonomy:
100% of the university education establishments well apply the mechanism of autonomy associated with the expounding responsibility.
d/ Regarding international integration:
Click download to see the full text