THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 24, 2021
Approving the Scheme on development of agricultural
bio-industry through 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government; and the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2013 Law on Science and Technology;
Pursuant to the November 13, 2018 Law on High Technologies;
Pursuant to Conclusion No. 06-KL/TW of September 1, 2016, of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, on further implementation of Directive No. 50-CT/TW, of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, on stepping up the development and application of biotechnology to serve the national industrialization and modernization;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 10-NQ/TW of June 3, 2017, of the 5th Plenum of the Party Central Committee, the XIIth Congress, on development of the private economic sector into an important driving force of the socialist-oriented market economy;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 23-NQ/TW of March 22, 2018, of the Party Central Committee, on orientations for formulation of policies on national industrial development through 2030, with a vision to 2045;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 98/NQ-CP of October 3, 2017, promulgating the Government’s Program of Action to implement Resolution No. 10-NQ/TW of June 3, 2017, of the 5th Plenum of the Party Central Committee, the XIIth Congress, on development of the private economic sector into an important driving force of the socialist-oriented market economy;
Pursuant to the Political Bureau’s Resolution No. 52-NQ/TW of September 27, 2019, on a number of guidelines and policies for proactive participation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 188/2005/QD-TTg of July 22, 2005, on implementation of Directive No. 50-CT/TW of March 4, 2005, of the Secretariat of the Party Central Committee, on stepping up the development and application of biotechnology to serve the national industrialization and modernization;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 899/QD-TTg of June 10, 2013, approving the Scheme on restructuring agriculture toward higher added value and sustainable development;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 553/QD-TTg of April 21, 2017, approving the Overall Plan on development of bio-industry through 2030;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 622/QD-TTg of May 10, 2017, promulgating the National Plan of Action to implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1362/QD-TTg of October 11, 2019, approving the Plan on sustainable development of enterprises in the private sector through 2025;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 255/QD-TTg of February 25, 2021, approving the Plan on restructuring of agriculture in the 2021-2025 period;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1. To approve the Scheme on development of agricultural bio-industry through 2030 (below referred to as the Scheme) with the following principal contents:
1. General objectives
To develop agricultural bio-industry with higher added value, sustainability and eco-friendliness serving development of the agricultural economy; to raise the potential of research and development, apply and master modern agricultural biotechnology of the region and the world; to turn Vietnam into a country with agricultural biotechnology level on a par with that of advanced countries in the region and the world.
2. Specific objectives
a/ By 2025
- To research and develop new-generation biotechnologies; to approach and master technologies for manufacturing bio-preparations (bio-fertilizers, pesticides of biological origin, preparations for preservation and environmental treatment, new-generation vaccines, and test kits, etc.) in crop production, forestry, livestock production, and aquaculture, proceeding to gradually replace products of chemical origin.
- To master plant cell technology in propagating disease-free plant varieties on an industrial scale, and reduce production costs of seedlings by at least 30% against those based on traditional technologies.
- To receive, apply and transfer new technologies for industrial-scale production; to create and develop plant varieties and animal breeds with advanced properties such as those resilient to major pests or unfavorable conditions and those with rapid growth rate with the application of molecular marker and gene editing technologies.
- To step up the building and development of agricultural bio-industry, giving priority to product groups of plant varieties and animal breeds, technological processes for cell and tissue culture, bio-preparations for organic agricultural production, diagnosis preparations, and vaccines for disease prevention and treatment. To develop, and increase by at least 20% the number of, agricultural bio-industry enterprises.
- To increase the capacity of physical foundations and equipment for receiving and applying transferred technologies on an industrial scale, proceeding to form an agricultural bio-industry.
- To provide training and further training for improving the quality of human resources specialized in agricultural biotechnology to meet the demand for bio-industry development in the forms of training, retraining, vocational training, and short-term further training, attaching special importance to training human resources with high professional skills (holders of master, doctorate and postdoctoral degrees) for specialized working teams to serve agricultural bio-industry development.
Click download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 515-516 (09/4/2021)