THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 24, 2006
APPROVING THE PLANNING ON DEVELOPMENT OF HANOI CITY'S INDUSTRY UP TO 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government
Pursuant to the December 28, 2000 Ordinance on the Capital;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry,
Article 1.- To approve the planning on development of Hanoi city's industry up to 2010 with the following principal contents:
1. Development viewpoint:
- Hanoi city's industry should develop quickly for the city to promote its leading role in the northern economic key region. From now to 2010, industry shall continue to be an important motive force for boosting socio-economic industrialization and modernization in the capital and supporting other localities in the development region.
- Industrial development shall be in line with economic restructuring toward industrialization and modernization, focusing on industries with comparative advantages such as high technology, biotechnology and new materials, and key industries of the national economy, with environmental and ecological protection requirements taken into special consideration.
- Hanoi city's industry shall develop on the basis of further attracting foreign and non-state investment. To attach importance to attracting and closely coordinating with transnational conglomerates so as to integrate into international production and distribution systems.
- Hanoi city's industry shall develop in line with the planning on industrial development in the northern key economic region, combining, regulating and promoting the strengths of each locality while marshalling the strengths of the whole region.
2. Development orientations
- To focus on the development of industries which turn out products of high knowledge-based and technological contents (automation technology, biotechnology, new materials technology); industries which turn out products with competitive edge and famous brands such as electronic products (computers, office machines, products of industrial electronic appliances, medical electronic appliances, etc.), information technology, mechanical engineering products (tool machines, prime movers, automobile and motorbike manufacture and assembly, transformers'), food processing, pharmaceuticals and new materials. To prioritize the development of some hi-tech industrial parks in Hanoi.
- Hanoi city shall cooperate and coordinate with other provinces and cities in developing industry in the region in line with the regional planning and the industrial sector planning. Industries which are labor-intensive and have great transport demands shall be gradually relocated to nearby provinces and suburban areas. Polluting industrial establishments shall be relocated into industrial parks for concentrated waste treatment. Hanoi shall become a center for researching, designing and manufacturing new products, a transaction and service center and a center for goods import and export in the region. To develop small- and medium-sized industrial parks and industrial clusters and traditional trade villages in accordance with the planning on the expansion of the city as well as the planning on the northern key economic region.
- To encourage the development of support industries for key industries such as mechanical engineering and electronics, etc; to strongly develop small- and medium-sized enterprises with private capital in order to establish a network of satellite producers and exporters for big companies.
- In the 2006-2010 period, industrial production value will increase by 15-16%/year and added value by 12-13%/year.
Click Download to see full text