THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 15, 2019
On the 2020 socio-economic development plan
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Pursuant to the Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
After considering reports of the Government, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, agencies of the National Assembly and concerned agencies, and opinions of National Assembly deputies;
Article 1. General objectives
To concentrate efforts on stabilizing the macro-economy; to control inflation; to raise productivity, quality, efficiency, autonomy and competitiveness of the economy. To improve the institutions, unclogging resources; to create an equitable, open and favorable environment for investment and business. To step up the economic restructuring in association with the renewal of growth model; to speed up the implementation of national important projects and key works; to promote the role of key economic regions and big urban centers. To develop, train and further train high-quality human resources in association with scientific and technological development and innovation; to sustainably develop economy in association with cultural and social development, environmental protection, national defense and security consolidation, raising the quality of the people’s material and spiritual life. To enhance the management of land, natural resources, environmental protection, prevention and control of natural disasters and epidemics, and response to climate change. To strictly further the reorganization of apparatuses, staff streamlining, administrative reform, and judicial reform; to raise the lawmaking quality in combination with higher effect and efficiency of administration and law enforcement. To enhance discipline and prevent and fight corruption, waste and negative phenomena. To actively carry out the information and communication activities, creating the social consensus. To consolidate national defense and security, and raise the efficiency of external activities and international integration; to firmly maintain national independence, sovereignty, territorial integrity, seas and islands and a peaceful and stable environment for development; to heighten national prestige and position in the international arena. To implement and organize the implementation of free trade agreements to which Vietnam is a contracting party; to properly perform Vietnam’s roles as Chairman of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in 2020, Chairman of the 41st General Assembly of the ASEAN Inter-Parliamentary Assembly and non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council of the 2020-2021 tenure.
Article 2. Key targets
1. The gross domestic product (GDP) will increase by around 6.8%.
2. The average consumer price index (CPI) will be under 4%.
3. The total export turnover will rise about 7%.
4. The trade deficit to the total export turnover will be below 3%.
5. The total development investment capital of the entire society will represent 33-34% GDP.
6. The poverty rate (according to the multidimensional approach criteria) will drop by 1-1.5%, and particularly 4% for poor districts.
7. The urban unemployment rate will be under 4%.
8. The rate of trained laborers will reach about 65%, of whom around 25% have diplomas or certificates.
9. The number of hospital beds per 10,000 people (excluding those of commune health stations) will be 28.
10. The rate of population covered by health insurance will reach 90.7%.
11. The rate of operating industrial parks and export processing zones with concentrated wastewater treatment systems up to environmental standards will be 90%.
12. The forest canopy will reach 42%.
Article 3. Major tasks and solutions
 Công Báo Nos 931-932 (07/12/2019)
Click Download to see the full text