THE MINISTRY OF LABOR, WAR INVALIDS AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS
THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 05, 2000
GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A NUMBER OF REGIMES FOR RESISTANCE WAR ACTIVISTS AND THEIR NATURAL CHILDREN WHO WERE INFECTED WITH CHEMICAL TOXINS USED BY THE US DURING THE VIETNAM WAR
In furtherance of the Prime Minister’s Decision No.26/2000/QD-TTg of February 23, 2000 on number of regimes for resistance war activists and their natural children who were infected with chemical toxins used by the US during the Vietnam war;
After obtaining comments of the Health Ministry in its Official Dispatch No.2355/YT-TCCB of April 13, 2000, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Finance hereby jointly guide the implementation thereof as follows:
I. SUBJECTS ELIGIBLE FOR ALLOWANCES
1. People who have directly borne the consequences of chemical toxins while they were engaged in work, combat or combat services in areas where chemical toxins were used by the US, including:
- Officers and men, career servicemen, military workers and employees of the Vietnam People’s Army;
- Officers, men, workers and employees of the People’s Police Force;
- Local policemen, militiamen, guerrillas and self-defense men;
- Officials, workers and employees of the Party and the State bodies, the Vietnam Fatherland Front and the revolutionary socio-political mass organizations;
- Officials of hamlets, villages, communes and wards in the system of the Party, administrations, fronts and revolutionary socio-political mass organizations;
- Mobilized youth volunteers defined in the Prime Minister’s Decision No.104/1999/QD-TTg of April 14, 1999;
- Front-line supply carriers.
The above-said subjects shall be collectively referred to as the resistance war activists.
2. People who have indirectly borne the consequences of chemical toxins:
Alive children of resistance war activists defined in Clause 1, Section I above.
II. CONDITIONS FOR ENJOYING ALLOWANCES