SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, December 13, 2004
APPROVING THE GENERAL PLANNING ORIENTATIONS FOR BUILDING ME LINH NEW URBAN CENTER, VINH PHUC PROVINCE, TILL 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the July 1, 2004 Construction Law;
Pursuant to the Urban Planning Management Regulation, issued together with the Government’s Decree No. 91/CP dated August 17, 1994;
At the proposals of the President of the People’s Committee of Vinh Phuc province (Report No. 1823/TT-UB dated August 10, 2004 and Official Dispatch No. 2700/CV-VP dated November 3, 2004) and the Minister of Construction (Report No. 58/TTr-BXD dated August 18, 2004),
Article 1. To approve the general planning orientations for building Me Linh new urban center, Vinh Phuc province, till 2020 with the following main contents:
1. Planning scope
The scope of the planning covers 17 communes: Tien Thinh, Chu Phan, Van Yen, Van Khe, Tien Phong, Trang Viet, Thach Da, Tam Dong, Kim Hoa, Hoang Kim, Thanh Lam, Quang Minh, Tien Thang, Dai Thinh, Me Linh, Tu Lap and Lien Mac of Me Linh rural district, Vinh Phuc province, with the total land area of 14,075 ha which is delimited as follows:
- To the north: It borders on Binh Xuyen rural district and Phuc Yen town of Vinh Phuc province.
- To the south: It borders on the Red river and Dan Phuong and Hoai Duc rural districts of Ha Tay province.
- To the east: It borders on Dong Anh and Soc Son rural districts of Hanoi capital.
- To the west: It borders on Yen Lac rural district of Vinh Phuc province.
2. On characters:
- Me Linh new urban center is a key socio-economic development center of Vinh Phuc province.
- It is an industrial, convalescent, sport, recreation, trade and tourist service center with synchronous and modern technical infrastructure, to meet the lodging, working and daily-life needs of inhabitants in Vinh Phuc province, Hanoi capital and surrounding regions.
3. Population size
- By 2010, Me Linh new urban center’s population shall be around 290,000.
- By 2020, its population shall be around 350,000.
Click Download to see full text